Norfolk  Dan

Match Night Thread -

Pukki looks shot of confidence. Weak and tame shots totally at odds with the start of the season. His link up play and dropping off, runs etc have been great but end product lacking.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Onel having a very strong game. Our best attacks have come from him

He's looked brilliant. Definitely still in this, next goal crucial.Ā 

Looked decent after that start but itā€™s hard to see where the goals are coming from

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

He's looked brilliant. Definitely still in this, next goal crucial.Ā 

If there is a next goal...Watford will be putting men behind the ball and wasting even more time 2nd half

Trybull & McClean are far too deep both not good enough for this level, if Amadou is fit he needs to be bought on for Trybull, move Tettey into midfield and go for the win.

Steipermann has to get into the game or bring on Cantwell to unlock this white defence.

Cantwell straight out on the pitch to warm up, on his own, coming on at the break? For McLean, perhaps?

That doesn't really inspire, does it?Ā 

Ā 

Shame about the goal, but otherwise it looks more like Farkeball again. Also Pukki is not totally isolated as more players push forward. Onel has been really good and Stiepi has also really stepped up. McLean provides nice aerial threat in the box as well. Excited for 2nd half

• Like 2

Just now, Indy said:

Trybull & McClean are far too deep both not good enough for this level, if Amadou is fit he needs to be bought on for Trybull, move Tettey into midfield and go for the win.

Steipermann has to get into the game or bring on Cantwell to unlock this white defence.

I'm sorry, but moving Tettey into midfield is hardly going for the win. I'd rather Amadou came on for Mclean and played in his preferred position.Ā 

Lewis different from last year every time he gets ball passes back every time like rest of his team mates have no confidenceĀ 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes heā€™s been really heavily backed in the transfer window and has multiple quality options all over the pitch to choose from...

Unfortunately like his predecessorĀ Ā heā€™s sticking with players who are not good enough, and who have consistently shown that over several weeks.Ā 

He simply has to look at other options at his disposal. Why play Tettey at CB and drop Amadou to the bench and play the midfield he is?Ā Ā Absolutely criminal, at home against a club lowerĀ than yourselves.Ā 

Over the whole first half we could claim to have been the better footballing side. Unfortunately we donā€™t actually look like scoring, has Foster had to make a serious save, and we continue to gift suicidal chances that get punished. Should we lose this one I really canā€™t see us finishing outside the bottom three and probably last.

Ā However if we can keep our youngsters then there is hope of a quick return.

Just now, City 2nd said:

Unfortunately like his predecessorĀ Ā heā€™s sticking with players who are not good enough, and who have consistently shown that over several weeks.Ā 

He simply has to look at other options at his disposal. Why play Tettey at CB and drop Amadou to the bench and play the midfield he is?Ā Ā Absolutely criminal, at home against a club lowerĀ than yourselves.Ā 

What other options at are at his disposal?? If Amadou were fit enough heā€™d be starting instead of Tettey and donā€™t say Roberts as heā€™s obviously out of favour for a reason

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Watford appearĀ to be made of glass.

Don't you find in the Premier League a lot of teams appear to be made of glass once they go ahead. There's a name for it. Unfortunately we're not that cute.

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

I thought you lot at the game were supposed be cheering the team on, not typing

Ā 

If you were at the game like me you would be entertaining yourself with pet rescue!

26 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

We will not win this game, mark my wordsĀ 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

If there is a next goal...Watford will be putting men behind the ball and wasting even more time 2nd half

Still watching then even though we wonā€™t win?

My concern is that 2nd half Watford will try to contain Hernandez and suddenly weā€™ll have our most creative outlet stifled. We donā€™t seem to be posing any threat down the right at all.

Onel and Kenny in particular have been absolutely brilliant. And I noticed after Emi gave the ball away leading to the goal, Kenny was straight on Emi, in a very positive ā€˜Donā€™t let your head drop son!ā€™ way - that passion and spirit really impressed me. I know we can play better than this, but thereā€™s definitely the signs of old out there tonight - we do not deserve to lose this from what Iā€™ve seen on the first half. Cā€™mon Lady Luck, give us something positive to take into the international break šŸ™

• Like 1

If you were at the game like me you would be entertaining yourself with pet rescue!

Apart from the mistake, it has been attacking and entertaining.Ā 

First half that sums up why we need a change in tactics longer term.

We look poor when playing our short passing in defence because teams know they can easily press us into errors. Even the worst Premier League teams are better at pressing than anyone in the championship and they don't fear what happens if we beat their press enough to sit off us.

Conversely we've looked bright when we've been a bit more direct, which doesn't have to mean long punts to a target man. When we've moved the ball to our forwards quickly, carried it with pace and ran at them we've turned Watford, created spaces and made chances. More of that and we've got a chance.Ā 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ā 

Still watching then even though we wonā€™t win?

Yes...still watching...