spencer 1970

National Media Coverage

Friday night, 2 and a half hours before kick off and not a peep...They hate us don't they?

Lots of chat about a game in 2 days though...been the same all week.

ncfc1.jpg

ncfc2.jpg

Are you seriously complaining that there's more national interest in Liverpool v Man City than there is in Norwich - Watford?

This gripe about how the national media don't care about us that comes up every now again is even worse than the bizarre belief that Chris Wilder is always talking about us.

To be fair, I'm struggling to build myself up for this match so I can understand the lethargy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This particular game hasn't excited much media interest (I wonder why?) Overall though we have been given a decent amount of coverage this season.

We briefly became a worldwide phenomena, went viral and became media darlings after the Manchester City game after all. 

Having a low profile is probably for the best considering results since then.

The only place where we currently get quite a lot of attention is on the forum of those League One high-flyers ITFC  ... but that's predictable when we are struggling.

Get a few decent results under our belt and we'll once again grab the headlines and TWTD can once again return to the state of constantly re-running their glorious history.

Robbie Sewage thought we would lose this morning 

Whatever happened to his “evening with”

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Are you seriously complaining that there's more national interest in Liverpool v Man City than there is in Norwich - Watford?

This gripe about how the national media don't care about us that comes up every now again is even worse than the bizarre belief that Chris Wilder is always talking about us.

Agreed. There's no dislike, vendetta or any such nonsense. There is simply not the same level of interest in us as the bigger clubs, so we get a proportional amount of coverage relative to the interest (less), which, is sometimes negative, sometimes positive. I cannot understand why we think the media are against us.

2 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Been listening to talkSPORT all day don’t think we got mention 

You poor b*****d.

Charlie Adam. Must be the quote of the year. What a pr&ck! Erm Villa spent about £150m before I lost count. 

image.png.bcfaaea0d9747a422d05ada1d8a283d4.png

35 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Charlie Adam. Must be the quote of the year. What a pr&ck! Erm Villa spent about £150m before I lost count. 

image.png.bcfaaea0d9747a422d05ada1d8a283d4.png

Isn't that his point?