Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Zimbo back for Everton?

Farke said at the press conference today that Zimmerman could be ready after the international break. With Vrancic now available that is hugely encouraging. I still fear the worst but at least that gives us a little hope. 

Yes, we looked way more defensively solid for the 15 mins or so he was on at West Ham! Such a shame he ended up crocked again.

The thing we'll have to be careful with is not rushing him back, a la West Ham. He got a nasty tackle, yes, but it was probably accentuated by the fact he was still suffering a bit with his injury.

I don't think his importance to the team can be underestimated. What a rise that lad has had in his footballing career. Deserves it too, in my opinion. He's a machine!

A real player coming back maybe just in time to save us, come on Zimmo do the business and get the defence sorted.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Other teams would bring him straight back, Farke will take a month

Not sure what you're saying that for, everyone else thought he put him back in too soon last time! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Jesus...

He might help sure up the defence! We can only pray!😂

Great news on Zimbo, definitely need him back and to his best, I honestly think Godfrey & him bring out the best of each other, good CB combo.

With 8 games Dec 1st -Jan 1st we will need all hands to the pump, so to speak as there are bound to be the odd niggle or even sending off which will mean we will want as many fit as possible.

So will we see Heise or maybe Idah making an appearance - or any of the U23's stepping up ? A big step up for the later, where the Championship they may be up to it.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

With 8 games Dec 1st -Jan 1st we will need all hands to the pump, so to speak as there are bound to be the odd niggle or even sending off which will mean we will want as many fit as possible.

So will we see Heise or maybe Idah making an appearance - or any of the U23's stepping up ? A big step up for the later, where the Championship they may be up to it.

I hope we see Idah at some point, also Byram has been a little unlucky not to see more game time.

But you’re certainly right this time of year will see niggles and cards amassed.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I hope we see Idah at some point, also Byram has been a little unlucky not to see more game time.

But you’re certainly right this time of year will see niggles and cards amassed.

Seems odd that we haven't be gven any red cards - must be a change in policy, as we seemed unable to avoid them back 2011 when we first went up.

I think the pace of the game is leading to so many 'minor' injuries as going back to the 70-80s we pretty much had the same team week in week out without constant injuries, and from this time in the season onward we were playing on water sodden 'ploughed fields, so it cannot be anything to do with the pitches.

Also with the back pass rule there is not that chance for a break, similarly with a the ball returned quickly for a throw in there is perhaps too much stress being put on players legs.

That’s true, not noticed the lack of red cards, they say modern footballers are more tuned athletes and as such probably more prone to niggles.

I remember squads of 17 players going through a season, pretty much what helped Leicester to win the premiership a few years back, seemed to have a settled side week in week out that season.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Seems odd that we haven't be gven any red cards - must be a change in policy, as we seemed unable to avoid them back 2011 when we first went up.

John Ruddy red card vs Chelsea was the only One that season. We conceded a lot of very 'soft" penalties in the first 4-5 games, which is what you might be referring to. edit: sorry, you're right Bill. Leon Barnett.  was also s/o early on in that season. 2 reds (Ruddy vs Chelsea/ Barnett v stoke) in first 3-4 games. after that, none, though. 

Edited by makham

This is great news 🙏. Zimbo excelled in all 3 league cup games against Chelsea and Arsenal so for me he’s already answered the question can he play at this level. They never managed to put more than a single goal over 90mins in each of those games, and Zimbo stepped up admirable, complimenting Godfrey perfectly.

And yes, we conceded a few goals in the Championship. But I think what some people may forget is that the general consensus was that it wasn’t down to Zimbo and Godfrey. It was the fact they weren’t protected perhaps as well as they could be, and imagine how much more solid we’d be with the addition of a good quality robust defensive midfielder? Well, step forward Mr Amadou. Looking forward to seeing what we can do, I believe he will make a difference. Some games have been lost by fine margins. I would like to think those margins are about to get smaller. 

• Like 1

This could be massive for us. Get a win in tomorrow, Zimbo back in and we get at least a point at the Toffees and it's game on. Just hope he's not covered in that bloody tape!

• Like 1

the words I heard suggested Hanley likely to be back for Everton - still a boost - with Zimbo a game or two later.    Either way it is a massive boost over a busy period to have both back several weeks earlier than originally expected over a period covering over 20% of the season 

I assume it means available. Whether or not the staff deem them ready to play is another matter.

Mario will probably be in the squad tonight but whether he will start is another matter. I would like to think he would. Or maybe just like the NFL, we bring him on for free kicks as ours have been woeful.

SSN has Emi high on the list of assists and chances created and yet most of us seem to think he hasn't been at his best.