Indy

So is Friday a must win?

Just a quick reaction question, for me it’s getting to that point we need to win so I’d say yes must win to get confidence back.

Yes, we must win. The home support has been good up to now despite the three setbacks which apart from Villa may have been accepted but against the bottom side at home is not one we can afford to lose. Win it and the crowd will go home happy and believing.

• Like 2

Probably not an out & out must win but it would be nice to get some goals, a clean sheet and 3 points.

Watford are currently the only team below us, have only netted 6 goals and are one of only 2 teams with worser goal difference than us, so theoretically it must be our best chance of notching a win for a 6 games.

But then again, it's probably not as simple as that and if we carry on being the Club that keeps on giving, then we could get beaten.

Another defeat now would probably be the end of us being able to mount a serious challenge to the Top 6 for this season at least.

Certainly not sure about must win but for confidence alone it's a must not lose.

Every possibility Watford end up finishing midtable with their side.

• Like 2

We could win and go down or we could lose and stay up. 

The team are on a low and need our support so let's not put more pressure on them. 

It's a must not boo game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s vital we win due to our current form. Victory would also extend the gap between us and Watford to 5 points and put us above Southampton temporarily who are at home to Everton on Saturday (hoping for a draw there). After the international break we go to Everton and if we managed to beat both the Hornets and the Toffees, I reckon we might find ourselves out of the bottom 3. However, I’ll admit that I’m a very pessimistic guy and I think we probably won’t get any more than a point out of those 2 games

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Seems you have a friend in the ersatz BHA supporter...........

Did you have a nap when pressing the full stop button? 

If there is a winner the team losing will lose all confidence. Both have boosts to come us with our centre halves, Watford with Troy Deeney. I suspect that will be a bigger boost to the side that wins on Friday ( if indeed there is a winner ). 

Games like this that have 0 - 0 written all over them often finish up as 5 - 4 thrillers.

A win opens a 5 pt gap to watford so they will absolutely see this as a must not lose game and will want to keep their slight improvement going.

The onus is on us to win the game,  not winning is not yet fatal,  purely because of the number of games left,  but a a loss will be hugely damaging,  a draw disappointing depending on the performance  while a a win will give us a short term confidence boost.

It seems like there were some tough words during training and a focus on moving to postive play for the rest of the week - focusing on what made us so successful last season.

it is a big 60 hours from now.

We need to win it, but it won't be easy. Watford have dangerous players, they just haven't clicked yet and may be in a false position. A lot of their matches have been very close, so this will be a tough match against a hardened PL side who will be battling to save their season. Must win? Not yet, but whoever it was against this week, it would be a great match to get three points in.

Watford will also be thinking it's a 'must win' so we MUST be at the races.

Like I've been saying, if we lose this one at home it is going to get very nasty at Carra!

We could pick up points in other games where we're not expected to, yes. But we simply have to be trying to win these games, against the teams around us, at home to stand any chance of survival imo.

• Like 1

I think YES.

I suspect even a top half Championship team would feel positive about that one!

We need to refind our mojo - play as a team greater than the sum of its parts.

It is a must win for both sides. A draw is of no consequence to either team.

If City lose, then it will be hard to shake off the tag of ‘ PL whipping boys’.

I don't mean to be pedantic but nothing is technically "must win" until we mathematically have to win every remaining match.

Oh.  I guess I did mean to be pedantic.

along came Norwich. I can only see a Watford win and a meltdown. But then, just as we resign ourselves to doom, we will beat a much better team, get a few points and the game of feeble hope will start over again.