Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Goodbye and good Luck to you Deano

There have been some hysterical posts on here calling Deano a Judas, I believe City did not do its best by Deano, a prolific striker was made to look like a plodder by Worthy and his team selection and tactics.

If Dean had stayed would City''s team and tactics have changed, I think not and Dean would have become more frustrated and his value plummet.  We have a very good price for an excellent player who will excel in a football team, the money gives us an outside chance of improving the quality in the squad and making a push next season.

This season is a write off and hopefully so will Mr W when the money men weigh up what a disaster this season has been.

Good post Pete.

I made this very point quite strongly at the SCG meeting with the Club last night. Dean has left for a variety of reasons amongst which money was high on the agenda. BUT, I also feel that he had quickly become disillusioned here with the type of role he was being asked to play and the type of football we played. He showed no great desire to leave Crewe. Why? Leaving aside the ''home town'' thing, he had a damn good manager who played to his strengths and was not obsessed with turning him into a target man for long ball stuff.

In the circumstances it is a good price, a jarred off Ashton would not have commanded £7M+ this summer. It is not just WHO Worthy ends up buying (I think that some of the targets will end up here) but how he treats them that will matter in the long term.

Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster last night were left in no doubt at the depth of concern that exists amongst the fans. At the AGM, the Chairman brushed aside what criticism there was, last night he was seriously taking note. Now what he / the Board actually DO about it is another matter altogether, personally, I beleive Worthy will survive and spend the money. I think that the Board just want to get through to end April and put this whole sorry season behind them.

I spoke to Roger Munby afterwards and told him just how much fans opinion of Delia Smith had changed over just 6 months. Last summer you risked being burnt alive if you dared say anything that remotely looked like criticism. Now, it''s common place. That''s unfortunate considering all the very good things she has done for Norwich. She is doing herself no favours though with her blind support of Worthy and lack of objectivity in assessing his reign.[:D][:D]