duke63

£34 million loss

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I thought Roy had the best interests of the club at heart....Were you a friend of Roy?.... 

Yes I was a friend of Roy but what does that have to do with 12,000 attendances?

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I was a friend of Roy but what does that have to do with 12,000 attendances?

Nothing.....I didn't mention boycotts or 12,000 attendances?....I only asked if you were a friend of Roys....

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Nothing.....I didn't mention boycotts or 12,000 attendances?....I only asked if you were a friend of Roys....

Roy was a top man who was always fair minded with considered views. I don't know why he's now become the focal point of this discussion. I suspect someone's mask is slipping.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Roy was a top man who was always fair minded with considered views. I don't know why he's now become the focal point of this discussion. I suspect someone's mask is slipping.

I think someone's turning into a paranoid Billcity1st ulike....

23 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think someone's turning into a paranoid Billcity1st ulike....

Yep I like Billcity1st, I even like you, well, just a little pet....

I would really like to know who this chap Chase was. Sounds as if he was well ahead of his time and seems as if the current genius Stuart Webber modelled his financial style on the very successfull Halvergate Builder. i.e.on limited funds, deal some of your better players in the transfer market to help the Club progress and play attractive football. Of course it is early days for Stuart to get even near to this mysterious Gt. Yarmouth man's football record. But hang on a minute, despite the shortage of funds, additionally this guy was also instrumental in achieving considerable ground improvements without the need for long term debt. So far as I am aware the current regime cannot even afford to repaint the numbers on the River End terracing. As for the lift at that end of the ground I believe Grimethorpe Colliery will next year require its return to place in their 1920's museum. See you at the AGM boys !!!!!

33 minutes ago, vos said:

I would really like to know who this chap Chase was. 

Allegedly he was all fur coat and no knickers🙃

Two questions that hopefully someone can kindly answer.

How much was Stone's pay off?

Why, after running for so many years, did NCFC (Holdings) Limited go into liquidation last month?

16 Oct 2019 Registered office address changed from Carrow Road Norwich NR1 1JE to 55 Baker Street London W1U 7EU on 16 October 2019
15 Oct 2019 Declaration of solvency
15 Oct 2019 Appointment of a voluntary liquidator
15 Oct 2019 Resolutions
  • Special resolution to wind up on 2019-09-30

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Two questions that hopefully someone can kindly answer.

How much was Stone's pay off?

Why, after running for so many years, did NCFC (Holdings) Limited go into liquidation last month?

16 Oct 2019 Registered office address changed from Carrow Road Norwich NR1 1JE to 55 Baker Street London W1U 7EU on 16 October 2019
15 Oct 2019 Declaration of solvency
15 Oct 2019 Appointment of a voluntary liquidator
15 Oct 2019 Resolutions
  • Special resolution to wind up on 2019-09-30

Well our “highest paid director” got £472k and appears to have been the only director paid so it would appear that must be Stone. It’s a bit weird though as in the previous year our highest paid director only got £100k so assuming that was also him, £472k is a big sum for this year given he was only with us for 3 months of this financial year. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Well our “highest paid director” got £472k and appears to have been the only director paid so it would appear that must be Stone. It’s a bit weird though as in the previous year our highest paid director only got £100k so assuming that was also him, £472k is a big sum for this year given he was only with us for 3 months of this financial year. 

Did he have a contract though? Because if it was us that decided he should leave then he'd be owed the wages for the duration of his contract in full... Not just the three months he worked. 

On 05/11/2019 at 09:44, lake district canary said:

For goodness sakes! Why do people insist on looking on the bleak side all the time?  If we get relegated we will be in control of the finances, not spiralling into debt like last time.  We rescued that situation, got promoted, have increased the value of the squad many fold and are therefore in a good overall position.  Any loss that comes will be controllable through player sales - and any future success from will come from the building from the youth set up, which in case anyone hadn't noticed is key to the overall plan.

Exactly how has the value of the squad increased many fold. Several are being seriously found out at this level as being seriously out of their depth. The league table tells you that alone. So the big fat fees being talked about for the likes of Aaron’s, Lewis and Godfrey are not going to be realised. In fact I would suggest the value of our squad is decreasing dramatically. So the plan of building success is in the hands of our youth. Good luck with that philosophy.

On 05/11/2019 at 09:44, lake district canary said:

For goodness sakes! Why do people insist on looking on the bleak side all the time?  If we get relegated we will be in control of the finances, not spiralling into debt like last time.  We rescued that situation, got promoted, have increased the value of the squad many fold and are therefore in a good overall position.  Any loss that comes will be controllable through player sales - and any future success from will come from the building from the youth set up, which in case anyone hadn't noticed is key to the overall plan.

Reading through the accounts last night, they don't make good reading. There is no doubt that a club like City cannot do things any other way than Webber's model.

My guess is that the first Championship club to go bust and not return is not very far away. Look at Bolton.

On 05/11/2019 at 10:45, BigFish said:

Groundhog day, will posters ever tire of this the filthy rich owner pipedream? For a club like ours football is always going to be cyclical. Good years, followed by bad and then good again. The idea that you can kick on to the next level and become an established Premier League club on 27,000 crowds in a provincal city is a nonsense. Sure, some clubs do, for a while until gravity catches them. Equally, Stoke prove you can be a established Prem club with a filthy rich owner and still und up facing League 1.

Though I will give you it would be a pleasent change to have more than 1 or 2 consecutive years in the top flight.

But Leicester City are doing precisely what you say can't be done by us.

3 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

The cyclical nature of success in footbal also applies to Leicester City.

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

The cyclical nature of success in footbal also applies to Leicester City.

I would rather be in Leicester's cycle than ours - they won the EPL and are going great guns again this season. Norwich on the other hand are in a cycle of one step forward followed by an immediate step back and no runs in the cup of any note at any time.

Just now, Big Vince said:

I would rather be in Leicester's cycle than ours - they won the EPL and are going great guns again this season. Norwich on the other hand are in a cycle of one step forward followed by an immediate step back and no runs in the cup of any note at any time.

You can, buy a blue and white scarf and go to the King Power.

Then you can join inseret team name here when they're doing well.

Hope you have fun.

• Like 1

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

You can, buy a blue and white scarf and go to the King Power.

Then you can join inseret team name here when they're doing well.

Hope you have fun.

Well it's true I'm flogging a dead horse here with Delia.

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Well it's true I'm flogging a dead horse here with Delia.

Try and find something that gives you pleasure, being a NCFC fan is obviously not doing it for you.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Try and find something that gives you pleasure, being a NCFC fan is obviously not doing it for you.

Agreed.

Leicester are a good example of current success, but for every Leicester there is a Sunderland or Stoke or Bolton or Bury or Nottingham Forest or Derby County or Ipswich Town or Sheffield Wednesday or Preston North End or Bradford City  do I ned to go on? So many clubs with wonderful histories, FA Cups or European trophies outside of the Premiership, so many clubs that have thrown money at the Premier dream only to get relegated and almost go out of business.......

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

As I said, some clubs do, for a while until gravity catches up with them

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think Watford will do us and the debate get more heated .

How disappointed will you be if we win?

• Haha 1

Is it Leicester now? I'm well out of the loop, I thought everyone was still jealous of QPR and their big money signings and big name managers that our club would never be able to compete with...Or was it Cardiff? I can't keep up anymore.

Seriously though. Nobody like Leicester or Wolves for example's owners want to buy Norwich. We're simply not appealing enough for an owner with both limitless wealth and footballing nous. We might attract a Marcus Evans type if we whored ourselves out enough, but what we know where that road leads.

We need to attract certain types of players and managers that fit our culture here to be successful. If you throw money at mercenaries who don't want to play for this club or live in this part of the country you end up like Sunderland/Portsmouth. The model we have now is the one that will give us the best chance of success and a team that we can enjoy supporting. It has it's limits but it's better than any other alternative available to us. If there was an owner out there who cared about and understood the club and football like Delia/MWJ and had the money to bankroll us you can bet we would sell the club to them. But that person doesn't exist I'm afraid, like it or lump it that's the reality we face. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Is it Leicester now? I'm well out of the loop, I thought everyone was still jealous of QPR and their big money signings and big name managers that our club would never be able to compete with...Or was it Cardiff? I can't keep up anymore.

Seriously though. Nobody like Leicester or Wolves for example's owners want to buy Norwich. We're simply not appealing enough for an owner with both limitless wealth and footballing nous. We might attract a Marcus Evans type if we whored ourselves out enough, but what we know where that road leads.

We need to attract certain types of players and managers that fit our culture here to be successful. If you throw money at mercenaries who don't want to play for this club or live in this part of the country you end up like Sunderland/Portsmouth. The model we have now is the one that will give us the best chance of success and a team that we can enjoy supporting. It has it's limits but it's better than any other alternative available to us. If there was an owner out there who cared about and understood the club and football like Delia/MWJ and had the money to bankroll us you can bet we would sell the club to them. But that person doesn't exist I'm afraid, like it or lump it that's the reality we face. 

I simply don't believe that i'm afraid. They don't make offers for us and probably many don't make an approach because they know we are "not for sale" or the conditions put who can buy us are so restrictive as to be impossible to fulfil but I refuse to believe that there have not been a multitude of potential buyers for us, especially during our spells in the premier league. Debt free, sell out every week, own enough land around the ground to expand it, decent cat 1 academy and  owners who have said they are not in it for the money and so presumably would not be quoting a stupid price were they ever to be convinced to do so.

What we do, however, is (more recently at least after they were forced to following the times interview) say we are open to "investment" which appears to be code for "give us your money but you won't own or control the club" an unsurprisingly does not have a string of people bashing the door down!

If they publically announced the club was available for purchase at a reasonable price then I think there would be a lot of interest (from both good and bad potential new owners). 

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I simply don't believe that i'm afraid. They don't make offers for us and probably many don't make an approach because they know we are "not for sale" or the conditions put who can buy us are so restrictive as to be impossible to fulfil but I refuse to believe that there have not been a multitude of potential buyers for us, especially during our spells in the premier league. Debt free, sell out every week, own enough land around the ground to expand it, decent cat 1 academy and  owners who have said they are not in it for the money and so presumably would not be quoting a stupid price were they ever to be convinced to do so.

What we do, however, is (more recently at least after they were forced to following the times interview) say we are open to "investment" which appears to be code for "give us your money but you won't own or control the club" an unsurprisingly does not have a string of people bashing the door down!

If they publically announced the club was available for purchase at a reasonable price then I think there would be a lot of interest (from both good and bad potential new owners). 

You are welcome to your opinion, but that is all it is, opinion. There is little or no evidence that what you write is in fact true. Any fithy rich prospective owner (FRPO) are unlikely to consider the clubs debt position in anyway apart from a negotiating position, we sell out because capacity is so low but again FRPO are unlikely to consider that a factor (see Bournemouth), the ground expansion is a logistical nightmare that we have discussed ad nauseum and what self respecting FRPO considers a Cat 1 academy a selling point.

The fact is any self respspecting FRPO has enough cash where these factors arn't issues. They only become issues where someone wants a cash cow to milk and down that road we don't want to go. Furthermore any FRPO would be more than sharp enough to turn investment into equity into control. It is what they do.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Well, it is a fact that no-one has made an offer since the company became a PLC, which I think was around 2000, so since we had spells in the new-era mega-rich Premier League, became debt-free and started selling out the ground, and with the land for stadium expansion.

As to potential buyers being put off from making an offer by 'impossible' conditions, there are two points. One fan's impossible conditions are another's highly sensible safeguards against charlatans and asset strippers.

Secondly, anyone really serious about buying the club would hardly be put off anyway. If the conditions really were designed to put off even genuine buyers, then making an offer and publicising the absurdity of the restrictions, along with a detailed and costed explanation of the planned deal, would win fans over (in a way Cullum never did) and force S&J to take it seriously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Why would they Jim?

Would you say your house was for sale at a reasonable price if you were happy living there and had no intention of moving?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, it is a fact that no-one has made an offer since the company became a PLC, which I think was around 2000, so since we had spells in the new-era mega-rich Premier League, became debt-free and started selling out the ground, and with the land for stadium expansion.

As to potential buyers being put off from making an offer by 'impossible' conditions, there are two points. One fan's impossible conditions are another's highly sensible safeguards against charlatans and asset strippers.

Secondly, anyone really serious about buying the club would hardly be put off anyway. If the conditions really were designed to put off even genuine buyers, then making an offer and publicising the absurdity of the restrictions, along with a detailed and costed explanation of the planned deal, would win fans over (in a way Cullum never did) and force S&J to take it seriously.

That's the point a million times over and consistently gets overlooked when this is brought up on the somewhat painful Facebook Groups, here, and other social medias.

• Like 1