Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Interesting stat on Bournemouth..

According to this tweet:

Bournemouth lost eight of their first 12 PL games in 2015, picking up just 8 points. They won five and drew five of their next 12, picking up 20 points. They too suffered with injuries. Norwich fans, it's a long old season and we will get our team back #ncfc

• Thanks 1

They spent £18m on two players in the January window though, so no it's not interesting as we won't be doing that because of 'the model' that you keep talking about. Next. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you from Lincoln by any chance Teemu?

Have a feeling hes more likely from Ipswich.

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I think that he actually comes from The Highlands.................

The man from the Highlands is actually back. Or he was on sunday anyway. Not sure why.😉

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

According to this tweet:

Bournemouth lost eight of their first 12 PL games in 2015, picking up just 8 points. They won five and drew five of their next 12, picking up 20 points. They too suffered with injuries. Norwich fans, it's a long old season and we will get our team back #ncfc

I like this stat btw. I've got a bit despondent over these last few weeks and something like this gives me a bit of hope that it is possible to turn it around. Takk.👍

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

According to this tweet:

Worth noting that in their next 6 games they were unbeaten, winning 3 and drawing 3. 

At the halfway point they had 20 points, which put them bang on track to achieve the 40 they say you need (although 38 usually enough).

So if we can get 13 points in our next 7 games and then buy two quality players for the first XI then sure, that may give us a chance.

Wouldn't bet £1 on it though. 

This smacks of people being unable/unwilling to let the season pan out and being hellbent on writing everybody off far too early just like Farke early last season. Lots of people have us relegated already FFS. 

More bravery, guts and patience needed. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Have a feeling hes more likely from Ipswich.

Ah.. I don't agree with someone & have no argument so I'll insult them routine... 

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good to see that posters who do not sing from the official hymn sheet must be binners.

Pathetic isn't it... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good to see that posters who do not sing from the official hymn sheet must be binners.

"O come all ye faithful"

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ah.. I don't agree with someone & have no argument so I'll insult them routine... 

It's uh, called a joke. A light-hearted comment, if you will. To say i've no argument ignores the fact i've discussed the exact same thing with TVB multiple times.

But you keep going Kenny, you're smashing it here.

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Worth noting that in their next 6 games they were unbeaten, winning 3 and drawing 3. 

At the halfway point they had 20 points, which put them bang on track to achieve the 40 they say you need (although 38 usually enough).

So if we can get 13 points in our next 7 games and then buy two quality players for the first XI then sure, that may give us a chance.

Wouldn't bet £1 on it though. 

Must be really horrid living in a world of negativity!

In all seriousness, I do get the frustrations. But hammering out blethering rhetoric on here isn't going to achieve much. It may provide brief respite from the doldrums of where our club currently find ourselves, yes. But to be so down on one's luck at this stage of the season is frustrating. Frustrating for you having to cope with it and frustrating for a lot of the rest of us to have to read it!

We clearly had some money to spend at the start of the season. Some of the comments I read it almost seems as though people forgot we definitely lodged a £15 million bid for Claude Maurice and that Fahrmann's loan fee was reported to be around £3 million (I still don't know if that one is true but... whatever).

Point is, we could indeed bring players to the club in Jan and likely already have some targets in mind/deals done.

Ain't over til it's over, baby!

Edited by BobLoz3