Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Troy Deeney

Heard on talkSPORT today he’s supposed to be back for Watford on Friday ( not saying it’s true) but the last player we want to face our part time centre halves otbc

Flores said in mid October that Deeney was still 4-5 weeks away. Very much doubt he will be playing against us.

Would be typical that they have him back ready for playing against us!

He is so integral to them still its unreal.

He's  not pretty,  but he's effective.   Bit of a talisman for them too. I'd  rather he didn't play against us ,ever.

• Like 1

We were linked to Troy Deeney in 2009 when we were both in league 1, there's a thread on here with loads of posters saying that he'd be rubbish because he hadn't scored many for Walsall. 

Then there was we8wba saying that the bloke was class and would get to the Prem. A decade later and it looks he was right. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Who said that I did? 

Me I think?

Because I also remember we8wba.

I particularly remember my old adversary Babes getting apoplectic when he learned we8 worked for the NHS whilst "posting on here all day"

Happy days!

Anyway, who were you?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Who said that I did?

Nutty beat me to the question, only I was gonna ask IF you were someone else before TvB. No venom in it.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

we8wba was a character..

Before my time Hoggo , I've only been on here a few years. Maybe TvB  was  reading since 2009 and only decided to post this April. Or has a very good memory. Or thought 'i know,, I'll do a search for Troy Deeney in the archives."

Troy Deeney played and scored against us for Walsall in Jan 2010. I was there. I was also there in December 2009 when the game was called off after the coaches arrived.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We were linked to Troy Deeney in 2009 when we were both in league 1, there's a thread on here with loads of posters saying that he'd be rubbish because he hadn't scored many for Walsall. 

Then there was we8wba saying that the bloke was class and would get to the Prem. A decade later and it looks he was right. 

If you're referring to this thread loads of posters is stretching it slightly -

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Anyway, who were you?

Why does it matter?

But I was never much of a prolific poster, the account is attached to an academic email address that I can no longer access (therefore can't do password change), and its got my mobile number in one of the last posts because I was trying to get tickets for a game in Lambert's second season.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

we8wba was a character..

I'm 95% sure that I actually worked with him a few years before he started posting on here but never asked him outright if it were him. The internet was more innocent back then and people were a bit more open. 

He was a decent enough bloke but very socially awkward. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm 95% sure that I actually worked with him a few years before he started posting on here but never asked him outright if it were him. The internet was more innocent back then and people were a bit more open. 

He was a decent enough bloke but very socially awkward. 

He was very odd to spend as much time on a Norwich City forum as he did considering he didn't even support us.