Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Famewo new contract

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

Farke knows more than everyone on this forum combined about managing a football club and that includes the right time to introduce young players. Think it’s best we leave it to him. 

With an attitude like that might as well not bother to have a football forum for opinions and discussions!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

With an attitude like that might as well not bother to have a football forum for opinions and discussions!

Not at all, but people want to sling him in without any idea about him at all as a player. Whereas Farke will probably know everything there is to know about him. 

I wonder would that be the youngest back four in the top flight in living memory?

Aarons     Famewo    Godfrey     Lewis

Not forgetting the switching off during the double change which played a big part in Duffy's winner when the game was still alive - Tettey the organiser being one of the two hauled off with Trybull.

I suspect Amadou will start at CB with Tettey screening. Difficult to say who'll get the nod alongside Tetts though. Could this be a Leitner-style game? Tettey & Trybull together to give the full-backs freedom? Another chance for McLean to stake his claim? Hopefully Amadou is fit to start.

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

No doubt and I have a feeling he’ll be starting Friday Hoggy.

Its just a discussion, pretty much peoples opinions and I have little doubt Tettey being an experienced player will be the safer option in Farkes mind, but we know he’s not scared to give youth the chance, this game might just be the right game.

If he starts on Friday I sincerely hope it's because we think hes good enough rather than because we have no other options, that's all.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

However, I do take your point that Farke isn't exactly reticent to play younger players so perhaps Famewo isn't going to make the grade - but if that's the case why give him a new contract?

If he's not good enough for us but is still a decent player then he will have Value. Chelsea make a lot of money on players that don't make the grade there, it's all.part of Club financing.....at the smarter Clubs.

Marginal gains.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ian said:

However, I do take your point that Farke isn't exactly reticent to play younger players so perhaps Famewo isn't going to make the grade - but if that's the case why give him a new contract?

Because he hasn’t finished developing yet and he may be good enough at championship level if we go down

• Like 1