Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

11 out of 27

8 hours ago, king canary said:

There isn't many really poor teams this season- just Watford and I still feel they've got the quality to get better results.

Agreed. Everton surely aren’t going to be down there by the end of the season. Watford I’m, like you, sure will turn it around.

Newcastle are poor but I worry that Bruce will have just enough about him to keep them up. Southampton I still think are down. Will a Villa get dragged into it? I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t three of us, Newcastle, Southampton and Villa who go down.

3 hours ago, wooster said:

But I didn't say I thought we couldn't get some points from those games - I said 10-12 points looks very challenging.

Where do you think we'll get 10-12 points in those 10 games?

If we are to stay up, you’d be realistically looking at:

8 hours ago, wooster said:

Next 10 games to Jan 1st are:

Home - Watford - 3, Arsenal -0, Sheff U - 3, Wolves - 0/1, Spurs - 0, Palace -3

Away - Everton -0, Southampton -1/3, Leicester -0, Villa -1/3

So that would be somewhere between 11 and 16. That would be 18-23 points from 21 games. That’s 0.8 - 1.1 points per game.

40 is 1.05 a game. 35 (which is often enough to stay up) is 0.92 per game.

So really we need at least 12 points from those games to stay up at the rate.

We must take Watford as a cup final imo.Both fans and players need to understand that without doubt!

Team look dreadful last games and especially away is hopeless against pretty average teams.

Everton away is no way place that we can win something with this performance.

We badly need this 3 pts and Friday late kick off in front of Sky is ideal to retain our confidence.

I not see any hopes if we suffered against winless team at home for rest of the season and January market is too far to hope for change reinforcement....

Its time for all in game and I believe will be one of this championship games from last season when we show big spirit and goal skills finally !

I alone fly for this game and with my record something like 15-1-1 last 17 games attended live for Norwich I believe we finally will turn things around with this Friday evening game!

lets be behind boys until very last min and hope for best !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Is it too early in the season for Fridays game to be classed a 6 pointer?

no is not too early!

we are on free fall and if no Krul heroics all this loosing games can be trashing!

West Ham ,Burnley, Brighton all 3 away easy  lost by 2-0 can be very easy 5-6 nil also Man Utd at home very lucky only 1-3 lost imo.

Confidence already gone and with Everton away is hopeless game we have already game of the season vs Watford without doubt.

Other key point is that there is international break after this round so even more key is to retain confidence just now and to have better mood to regroup for next games.

Millwall last season was amazing game just before international break and team go to Florida just after this in great mood.We badly need this 3 points  and if we not do that I not see where next 4 5 games will take 3 points.

Then if bottom around New Year is too late for injured defenders to turn things and same time is very hard to attract any good players to come to team who is with very slim chances to stay up.

I really believe we will be all in on this game and hope Watford to not be clinical enough to spoil us very early

Atmosphere will be rocking and we have good chance to show we are still good team who can win games!

11 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

You're good!

11 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:
13 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I've done the maths and I've worked out we need more points than 3 other teams in order to survive.

You're good!

We could survive on goal difference, although that seems unlikely at the moment.

Confidence is, for me, the main issue affecting us most harshly at the moment.

Players are taking extra touches and getting caught on the ball, teammates aren't really showing for passes, our attacking midfielders are trying to Fifa-run through whole defences; the list really goes on.

I think it stems from the apex of our passing game beating City, then getting taught a lesson by some of the least inspiring teams in the league. The brave, bold, 'ignore the noise' Norwich team is currently a reluctant, wounded side and it feels like we need a lucky break or two to shift the malaise.

Let's hope that comes on Friday. 

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

As the table stands we are 4 points from safety and 5 points from 14th. We need a win against Watford  or the gap will get too big.

Because everyone above us is guaranteed to win this weekend to extend the gap?

We'll be fine, because I reckon 6 of our last 7 fixtures all those teams will be on the beach.  We'll be completely written off, and then we'll go on a superb run.  Be prepared for a late, great escape!

I'm late to the party here, but we certainly don't need 11 wins.

If you add 11 wins to the seven points we have now it would give us 40 points, and there's no way we'd lose all the other 16, so with some draws thrown in we'd probably end up on 45-46 points which is usually enough for about 12th.

Realistically, I'd say eight wins with a few draws thrown in would probably be enough to keep us up in an average season, but for all we know we 32 could be enough but 42 might not. I do fear though that given how evenly matched most of the predicted bottom half is this season without an obvious whipping boy, it might be a slightly higher than average points total needed to survive this year.

On 04/11/2019 at 15:21, wooster said:

But I didn't say I thought we couldn't get some points from those games - I said 10-12 points looks very challenging.

Where do you think we'll get 10-12 points in those 10 games?

Making predictions is a mug’s game, but those fixtures are either against lower table teams, or those who are not always solid. Plus Man City showed the extremely unlikely is not the impossible. If we can’t pick up some points in those games, we’re clearly stuffed.

Looking at our loses, Villa aside, all of the 'lower ranked' teams we have played, where we have thought we could get something from the game and haven't have been away from home.  Wait until we have played such teams at home, and with a couple of players back fit, then we will have a much clearer picture.  A couple of home wins could inspire some much needed confidence.  The likes of Brighton, West Ham, Palace, Burnley were all away games, Bournemouth too where we we got a draw.

It's still early in the season, but beating Watford may well be pivotal to our chances or survival.

We need an away win (ideally before Christmas), that too obviously will boost confidence.  Our away fixtures before Christmas are, Everton, Southampton, Leicester and Villa on Boxing Day.  Leicester aside, opportunites are there.

Also key to our chances of staying up I think, are January signings.

And Farke needs a plan to counter the high press and quick