Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Supporting city

We are undoubtedly the most up down team to support in the world of football.

The utter jubilation, excitement nerve wracking experience the championship gives us and the delight at promotion on each and every time we feel is astronomical yet the premiership comes and after 11 games we want to feel that again.

The premiership for me is about big headed wealthy owners measuring their cox in the transfer market meaning only 10 can truly show competitiveness and the others flounder.

I would love to stay in the premier but dont half miss the championship.

I kind of agree, but just because we are getting beaten and playing badly but the gulf in finances is gigantic.

This whole VAR thing is also spoiling it for me, not just the Norwich games but all games. Liverpool had a goal disallowed because Firminos armpit was offside, really 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

At least it gives us plenty of entertainment and some exciting promotion seasons...

And that is what makes football just as exciting as it is frustrating 👍🏻

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe if the club had spent the last 10 years mid table in the championship we wouldn't be so quick to squander this latest fantastic opportunity in the premier league.

I think we were all waiting for a tough season but this is far worse than I was expecting. I did think we'd have enough to compete, not necessarily win but at least give other teams a good game.

Maybe I got my hopes up too high for a City fan, but I did think we had something special. Maybe it might kick in once all the defenders are back but currently I am losing any optimism.

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think we were all waiting for a tough season but this is far worse than I was expecting. I did think we'd have enough to compete, not necessarily win but at least give other teams a good game.

Maybe I got my hopes up too high for a City fan, but I did think we had something special. Maybe it might kick in once all the defenders are back but currently I am losing any optimism.

I feel the same but don’t seem to be getting as depressed by all this as I used to. I think deep down I probably knew what to expect from this season.

As for having something special, we still do, when we look at our age profile there is lots to look forward to.

49 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

We are undoubtedly the most up down team to support in the world of football.

The utter jubilation, excitement nerve wracking experience the championship gives us and the delight at promotion on each and every time we feel is astronomical yet the premiership comes and after 11 games we want to feel that again.

The premiership for me is about big headed wealthy owners measuring their cox in the transfer market meaning only 10 can truly show competitiveness and the others flounder.

I would love to stay in the premier but dont half miss the championship.

Here we go. I wondered how many games it would take. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I feel the same but don’t seem to be getting as depressed by all this as I used to. I think deep down I probably knew what to expect from this season.

As for having something special, we still do, when we look at our age profile there is lots to look forward to.

👍👍👍

(No reactions left.)

One thing I'll add. I'm not as stroppy with the trolls and the Keith Scotts of the forum. So something is different.....

38 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I kind of agree, but just because we are getting beaten and playing badly but the gulf in finances is gigantic.

This whole VAR thing is also spoiling it for me, not just the Norwich games but all games. Liverpool had a goal disallowed because Firminos armpit was offside, really 🤷🏻‍♂️

The bit of Firmino's body that was offside costs more than our entire squad, if we don't invest (especially in armpits) in January we'll never have the opportunity to be offside. 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Here we go. I wondered how many games it would take. 

11...... was that your guess?

3 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

11...... was that your guess?

9 actually. We've exceeded my expectations thanks to the Man City game.

As long as we have our current owners imposing the "self funding"  model on us in order to retain ownership of their trainset for ever more then we are unlikely to be able to compete at this level. Some of our fans appear happy with/accepting of that, others amongst us find it a bit depressing on days like today.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

As long as we have our current owners imposing the "self funding"  model on us in order to retain ownership of their trainset for ever more then we are unlikely to be able to compete at this level. Some of our fans appear happy with/accepting of that, others amongst us find it a bit depressing on days like today.

Yes Jimbo, you tell us this every season with a narrative to suit our position. Last season it was that we'd not be able to ever get to this level and wouldn't compete with Ipswich. And had a go at "other fans" just like you are now 

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Yawn, Jim, yawn. The same boring crap year on, year out.

which bit would you disagree with Herman? Just a statement of the reality. Under this ownership/model I think the best we can ever do is an occasional season in the premier league but we won't ever be able to really compete at this level and stay there for very long. Some (indeed many) are happy with that. Others aren't. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes Jimbo, you tell us this every season with a narrative to suit our position. Last season it was that we'd not be able to ever get to this level and wouldn't compete with Ipswich. And had a go at "other fans" just like you are now 

I didn't say we couldn't compete with Ipswich last season. I said that if we stayed in the championship, there would come a point where financially we would not be able to compete with the likes of Ipswich because Evans was subsidising them to the tune of £7m a season. 

Now promotion to the premier league has changed the landscape for the next 3 or 4 seasons and bought us breathing space but ultimately if we go back down and stay there then there will be a point where we have one of the lowest budgets in that division. 

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It's all relative though isn't it.

Take Spurs as an example. They are a big club by any measure and have been a permanent fixture in the Premier League yet have one league cup win in the last 20 years. Do their fans wish they could be more competitive? Do they blame the owners for the lack of success?

I bet many of us would love our club to be in Tottenham's position - established in the premier league, European football, fantastic stadium and a squad full of stars, but I bet there'd still be plenty complaining we can't compete, we don't invest, the manager has no clue etc etc.

Edited by Peanuts

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Those two positions aren't mutually exclusive, Jim. I accept Delia and Michael's ownership and am grateful that we are in the Premier League, but of course it's depressing when we're not performing and we look like relegation candidates, as we did today. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could still finish 17th, and that would be a tremendous achievement. 

16 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The real fans were at Brighton. Not like you lot of Jonnie Come Lately's on here 2 mins after the final whistle...

Apologies that I work for a living and cant get to games because of it 

42 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

which bit would you disagree with Herman? Just a statement of the reality. Under this ownership/model I think the best we can ever do is an occasional season in the premier league but we won't ever be able to really compete at this level and stay there for very long. Some (indeed many) are happy with that. Others aren't. 

I think it's the fact you've been moaning about the same thing for years (unless we are winning). They haven't gone, they aren't likely to be going soon so we had to go with an imaginative way of keeping this club going. I think most people accepted this over the last couple of seasons and were happy with the approach. Financially wise it is working. Footballing wise it's having a hard time.

53 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I didn't say we couldn't compete with Ipswich last season. I said that if we stayed in the championship, there would come a point where financially we would not be able to compete with the likes of Ipswich because Evans was subsidising them to the tune of £7m a season. 

Now promotion to the premier league has changed the landscape for the next 3 or 4 seasons and bought us breathing space but ultimately if we go back down and stay there then there will be a point where we have one of the lowest budgets in that division. 

That's not how I remember it. How I remember it you said if we didn't make it back before the parachute payments ran out we would not be able to compete with Ipswich. And you've just said it again.

However we didn't go up before the parachute payments ran out. And rather than not competing with Ipswich we finished top and they finished bottom.

But in your favour you always return and I enjoy your company.

Unlike Richard Balls and Mike.....

19 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

Apologies that I work for a living and cant get to games because of it 

It’s a wind up Tom. I had a ticket and didn’t go! What sort of a fan does that make me 😂