Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Another game

And another defeat. Very familiar pattern now developing. I don't expect miracles, but I would have thought after last season city had something about them to put up a good fight and display this season. Severely lacking all over the pitch. 

Edited by City fan
Amend

All they can go is keep trying to find something that works and keeping taking it one game at a time. We are clearly struggling to compete in this league and it's not looking good.

3 hours ago, City fan said:

And another defeat. Very familiar pattern now developing. I don't expect miracles, but I would have thought after last season city had something about them to put up a good fight and display this season. Severely lacking all over the pitch. 

Any promoted club needs to invest money improving its main XI otherwise its going to have a rude awakening. 

The club has decided not to do that, and therefore our chances of remaining in this division were very slim. 

Everybody knows that the gulf in class is as big as it ever has been, nobody should be surprised. 

Now somebody will preach about 'the model', whatever that is.

Time will tell whether this will mean we've blown a huge opportunity or whether it means we can come back stronger. Either of those two things are a possibility, just that banking on the first seems like a huge gamble. We've been blessed with several promotions in recent years, Leeds and Derby been much less fortunate. 

We didn't earn these promotions then? Just blessed and fortunate.

If I was a Leeds fan I'd be seeking an audience with the pope... 

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Nigel, I'm happy to celebrate this promotion and those other promotions as great achievements and accept that we earned them.

The rest of my point still stands, any promoted club needs to invest money improving its main XI otherwise its going to have a rude awakening.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Combination of the two really Nutty. Some fortune along the way in the sense there always needs (particularly the emergence of 4 young players at the same time) to be when a side “clicks” like we did but obviously a lot of good and hard works as well. 

the point though is that there is no guarantee we can repeat it or indeed not even a verb good chance. Things went our way last season and players came in and performed but I don’t see 3 or 4 players in the U23s or U18s ready to come into the first team next season if we sell our young guns in the summer so we will have to buy in replacements. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Combination of the two really Nutty. Some fortune along the way in the sense there always needs (particularly the emergence of 4 young players at the same time) to be when a side “clicks” like we did but obviously a lot of good and hard works as well. 

the point though is that there is no guarantee we can repeat it or indeed not even a verb good chance. Things went our way last season and players came in and performed but I don’t see 3 or 4 players in the U23s or U18s ready to come into the first team next season if we sell our young guns in the summer so we will have to buy in replacements. 

Jimbo, there are currently 16 clubs relegated since 2010 who are currently outside the PL. There are at least  another 6 who believe they should be in the PL. They all have richer owners, some of them in their 2nd or 3rd such owner. 

I think it's a good job they're all unlucky and cursed.

🎵Long Live Luck