Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Delia/Farke

What percentage of blame do you apportion to each respectively for yet another embarrassing Premier league campaign. For me it's 60/40.

I don’t think you can apportion too much blame to Farke. A combination of no money and injuries means our options are so limited, it’s not like we have great players sat on the bench unused. 

It’s the story of Norwich. We have no money. We have a great Championship season, we get promoted. We don’t have money to compete in the PL. We get relegated. Some fans say they prefer the Championship because we can compete, but the reality is that if we had more money we could compete in the PL. I think this is our level as long as Delia is in charge, I can’t ever see us becoming an established PL side with our self-sustaining model. The game has just changed too much.

4 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

binner alert this evening

And that's all you can come back with you happy clapper. 

11 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

What percentage of blame do you apportion to each respectively for yet another embarrassing Premier league campaign. For me it's 60/40.

Bell

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I don’t think you can apportion too much blame to Farke. A combination of no money and injuries means our options are so limited, it’s not like we have great players sat on the bench unused. 

It’s the story of Norwich. We have no money. We have a great Championship season, we get promoted. We don’t have money to compete in the PL. We get relegated. Some fans say they prefer the Championship because we can compete, but the reality is that if we had more money we could compete in the PL. I think this is our level as long as Delia is in charge, I can’t ever see us becoming an established PL side with our self-sustaining model. The game has just changed too much.

Spot on CW. 

Spending millions in the past when we had it didn't keep us up remember Naismith £9m and Klose £9m.

Farke is completely blameless here. He’s produced a miracle in getting us promoted and has been rewarded by the worst backing in PL history. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I agree with your thoughts. 😞

It's not Delia's fault though - she can't magic 50 million quid out of thin air that we don't have - but if we are ever going to stay up in the big league for a sustained period, we will need a cash injection from somewhere. If not, then we must accept that being a yo-yo club is the best we can hope for - a season of hope and glory followed by a season of despair and sorrow. 

Christ I feel depressed - no beer in the fridge either. F3ck a duck.

OTBC

I think its clear that if you want to support a premier league team go and find another club. The way the business is run does not facilitate the risk capital required to be competitive in this league. Accept that and the season will be more enjoyable but make no mistake we are down. Does'nt bother me to be honest because i've accepted that until the ownership changes this is the way it will be and it was a great season in the champs. No point in getting up tight and p*ssed off this is our reality. 

• Like 4

The only legal stream I had for that embarrassing, pathetic and abject performance - was the torrent of a stream from my pecker saturating my underpants.....and boy, are my pants wet...... 

5 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It's not Delia's fault though - she can't magic 50 million quid out of thin air that we don't have - but if we are ever going to stay up in the big league for a sustained period, we will need a cash injection from somewhere. If not, then we must accept that being a yo-yo club is the best we can hope for - a season of hope and glory followed by a season of despair and sorrow. 

OTBC

Not having the means to support the club financially is not her fault, but it does beg the question again as to whether a team like Norwich with an owner such as Delia is ever going to sustain a run of years in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The only legal stream I had for that embarrassing, pathetic and abject performance - was the torrent of a stream from my pecker saturating my underpants.....and boy, are my pants wet...... 

I can't unthink the mental image you've just given me - thanks for the perfect end to a perfect match day...😱

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not having the means to support the club financially is not her fault, but it does beg the question again as to whether a team like Norwich with an owner such as Delia is ever going to sustain a run of years in the Premier League.

Honest answer from me - no.

Our owner is poor compared to most in the championship, let alone the top league.

Like i said, it's not her fault, she's done brilliantly for our club, buts it's the way modern football is. 🤑

OTBC

• Like 1

No one what so ever expected us to come up and throw the cash around risking the clubs future again. But there is a massive difference in that and what actually happened, absolutely criminal backing of a manager that deserved so much more. I highly, highly doubt that anyone expected our biggest outlay on a permanent signing to be a whopping £750k! Injuries are not to blame now, we’re bringing on the likes of Sberny in the PL!  We’re paying the price for taking this league lightly and failing to back a manager that deserved it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

There does need to an orgy of spending in January 

they won’t spend the cash though 

It will be too late by then, the damage has been done

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

well she is the one who won't countenance selling the club so to that extent it clearly is her fault. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

well she is the one who won't countenance selling the club so to that extent it clearly is her fault. 

I'm glad she isn't selling the club. There's only a one in five chance we'd be better off. That's not good odds...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Couldn’t have said it better!

under Delia’s self sustaining business model the club will languish in the championship with the occasional flirtation with the EPL, every 5-6 years, when the stars align and it all comes together!

No doubting her loyalty and passion for the club, but she simply doesn’t have the resources to move the club forward!

As CW said the game has changed too much, unfortunately Delia hasn’t! If she wants the club to be successful, then only her willingness to let go of control will facilitate this!

The lack of investment in the summer is a disgrace! The net spend was the lowest in EPL history! If Sky income of circa £100m can only allow summer investment of £3-4m then that doesn’t stack up!

Look on the bright side, at least we should hang on to our squad as they’re hardly setting the EPL on fire!

I’ve been viewing this forum for past 10 years or so! I rarely post and my last one was in 2014!

its just so disappointing to see the club again on the cusp of something special, only to be held back by the same problem!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Did Delia kick lots of our players so they sustained injuries ?

You’re missing the point!

my post is not an attack on the ‘individual Delia Smith’

It’s the reality that to be successful in the Premier League you need an ownership model that has the means to do invest in the playing squad comparable to the other teams at a similar level!

Delia’s “self sustaining model” whilst admirable, is idealistic and naive at best!

Oh! Even with a full fit squad I’d think they would still struggle, and believe me, I was full of optimism at the start of the season 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Did Delia kick lots of our players so they sustained injuries ?

Yeah, and while she was kicking them with her feet she was pocketing all the money with her hands while no one was watching. Absolutely disgraceful.