Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Delia/Farke

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

She's also told Buendia, Leitner, Stiepermann etc. to not be good enough this season. 

No! But if the club had invested in 2 or 3 EPL quality players (not journeymen a la Naismith), then perhaps that would of helped those players named above, take the step up!

But the club can’t invest cause we’re self sustainable with an ownership model that can’t put any capital in’

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I don’t think you can apportion too much blame to Farke. A combination of no money and injuries means our options are so limited, it’s not like we have great players sat on the bench unused. 
 

It’s the story of Norwich. We have no money. We have a great Championship season, we get promoted. We don’t have money to compete in the PL. We get relegated. Some fans say they prefer the Championship because we can compete, but the reality is that if we had more money we could compete in the PL. I think this is our level as long as Delia is in charge, I can’t ever see us becoming an established PL side with our self-sustaining model. The game has just changed too much.

We had more than £750k to spend though didn't we. 

We'd decided we were going to get relegated before a ball was kicked and decided not to invest any of the TV revenue into the squad.

Which makes 'premium memberships' a bit of a kick in the teeth. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant blame Delia or Farke , both have achieved miracles with Norwich, and to be fair Delia has overseen 3 promotions to the prem, how many clubs would love to have done that?

The truth is, this is the best we can expect, in fact, this is consistently more than we should expect given our lack of money.

The prem has seen more and more investment, which makes it harder and harder to compete every year, we are already seeing investment spread to the championship, my worry is how long until we can no longer compete there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

The prem has seen more and more investment, which makes it harder and harder to compete every year, we are already seeing investment spread to the championship, my worry is how long until we can no longer compete there too.

It’s got to be a concern. Silly money being spent in the Champs now, promotion is most definitely not a forgone conclusion if we go down, it’s just going to get harder and harder to get promoted to the EPL the more years that pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

it’s just going to get harder and harder to get promoted to the EPL the more years that pass.

I think evidence suggests otherwise, three always have to go down and it's not that easy to get back.

Spending in Championship doesn't guarantee promotion. Its all about psychology, its the hardest league in the world. 

 

 

 

Edited by SouthOfTheRiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Christ I feel depressed - no beer in the fridge either. F3ck a duck.

OTBC

Stuffing a Seagull would have been more fun.  Next time maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What makes you think you do?

Asking Jobbo to think ,stopped him in his tracks....he may be some  time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What makes you think you do?

I have high self esteem and want the very best for myself and not 3rd best but the very very best that Chinese money can buy 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I have high self esteem and want the very best for myself and not 3rd best but the very very best that Chinese money can buy 

And yet you settle for frozen scampi...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I have high cholesterol and blood pressure  and need the very best counselling and not 3rd best but the very very best that  dole money can buy. 

Sorted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's clear that Delia's fan funded model can be successful in the second tier of English football but has failed every time at the top level. A bunch of people are happy with going up occasionally and then getting relegated. Those people think this is the best we can be and are happy with owners that are fans but can not provide any financial support. A bunch of people feel that given the great platform our owners have given us, it would be better to try and find owners willing to take us to the next level. Owners such as Leicester and Wolves but those people realise that it can not always be a success. Equally the fan funded model can see a club get left behind. Itswhether you think we have reached out potential or can achieve more. I find one of these models soul destroying and depressing but who knows if I am right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to update you all. My thoughts have altered slightly over the last few weeks on this. Farke's continual mistakes week after week have now seen the percentages change to a 50/50 split. As with all of our recent prem campaigns this is a shambles from top to bottom. Anyway, all the best, Keith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Keith you must be a person who really loves his life. I always get a sense that you enjoy posting after a loss. Often your points are made without a certain disappointment.  Either it's this or you are a wind up merchant. Either way, to have such a strong sense of yourself takes a lot of people a long while to obtain or accept. It's quite admirable really.

 

And without analysing further for fear you think I'm being disingenuous, I generally agree in part with your points. But, in fairness to Farke and this team, you have to sometimes fail before you are successful. That has been my own personal story. And you never stop learning. It's what life is about.

Let's hope the team can learn but after today I fear we have run out of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you click on Keith's profile, all of his posts in the last couple of months have been in the immediate aftermath (within three days) of defeats. I'm guessing it will be a similar pattern if you go back further.

If he's genuinely a Norwich fan, then what enjoyment does this person get from following football, or Norwich City in general?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Just to update you all. My thoughts have altered slightly over the last few weeks on this. Farke's continual mistakes week after week have now seen the percentages change to a 50/50 split. As with all of our recent prem campaigns this is a shambles from top to bottom. Anyway, all the best, Keith.

Always measured response can’t fault your logic again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Always measured response can’t fault your logic again 

Aha,I get it now ...........you and Keith Scott are one and the same person ...............as well as being Waveney's love child 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s Farke’s fault that we’re marking gaping big empty spaces as an unchallenged player can stand rooted to the spot and header the ball in. 
 

And it Farke’s fault that we only ever make late reactive substitutions rather than like other team who make earlier proactive ones.

The guys not some sort of unquestionable deity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Looking for percentages here guys. Personally i'm sticking with a 50/50 split. For now.... 

Delia is the sole cause of this, we needed to build on last season, instead, she endured she could pay the wages for a few years instead. Selfish nature, from a skint owner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2019 at 18:38, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If you click on Keith's profile, all of his posts in the last couple of months have been in the immediate aftermath (within three days) of defeats. I'm guessing it will be a similar pattern if you go back further.

If he's genuinely a Norwich fan, then what enjoyment does this person get from following football, or Norwich City in general?

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2019 at 22:33, glory.win or die. said:

I cant blame Delia or Farke , both have achieved miracles with Norwich, and to be fair Delia has overseen 3 promotions to the prem, how many clubs would love to have done that?

The truth is, this is the best we can expect, in fact, this is consistently more than we should expect given our lack of money.

The prem has seen more and more investment, which makes it harder and harder to compete every year, we are already seeing investment spread to the championship, my worry is how long until we can no longer compete there too.

And 3 or more relegations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Are we still blaming injuries? We've had the bulk of our squad available for a while now and have not improved at all. 

I'd say we've definitely improved. I know we've not been performing consistently, or taking our chances, but we don't behave like a team that's buried already and bereft of confidence. I think there's every chance we'll start picking up results that match the performances. I doubt it'll be enough to keep us up, but I'd rather go down playing like this than having spaffed £100m on players like Fulham or playing ugly, direct football. We've effectively got 19 free shots, might as well try to enjoy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×