Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Delia/Farke

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'd say we've definitely improved. I know we've not been performing consistently, or taking our chances, but we don't behave like a team that's buried already and bereft of confidence. I think there's every chance we'll start picking up results that match the performances. I doubt it'll be enough to keep us up, but I'd rather go down playing like this than having spaffed £100m on players like Fulham or playing ugly, direct football. We've effectively got 19 free shots, might as well try to enjoy them.

We are playing much better than we were, and I dont see heads dropping with this squad. Thats probably not going  to be enough to keep us up but I'm proud of the lads.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 18:38, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If you click on Keith's profile, all of his posts in the last couple of months have been in the immediate aftermath (within three days) of defeats. I'm guessing it will be a similar pattern if you go back further.

If he's genuinely a Norwich fan, then what enjoyment does this person get from following football, or Norwich City in general?

He's a binner clear and simple. It was pointed out at the beginning of last season and the one before that and the one before that ad nauseum. Why he's still on here no one knows.

Anyway, blocked the mother as soon as the results turned sour and he turned up like a Christmas fart.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Appreciate the replies but i'm really looking for percentages here guys. 

wtf are you on about you clown

• Haha 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'd say we've definitely improved. I know we've not been performing consistently, or taking our chances, but we don't behave like a team that's buried already and bereft of confidence. I think there's every chance we'll start picking up results that match the performances. I doubt it'll be enough to keep us up, but I'd rather go down playing like this than having spaffed £100m on players like Fulham or playing ugly, direct football. We've effectively got 19 free shots, might as well try to enjoy them.

I like the positivity, honestly I really do. As always, I will enjoy going to the games and supporting the team. I've seen us worse than this and still enjoyed the season. It is a sport after all. 

Promoted teams often fade in the second half of the season and it was vital we took the momentum from last season into the current one. We haven't, and I will be surprised if we double our points tally in the second half. 

While we won't have suffered financially, I think we have shown our hand with the ambition of the club. Our ambitious young players will all leave and potential new players won't ever see us as a Premier League team. Why would you want to join a team that takes Premier League seasons as a free hit? 

Farke will have to repeat a miracle to take us back up, effectively from scratch. It's very unlikely to happen. 

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I like the positivity, honestly I really do. As always, I will enjoy going to the games and supporting the team. I've seen us worse than this and still enjoyed the season. It is a sport after all. 

Promoted teams often fade in the second half of the season and it was vital we took the momentum from last season into the current one. We haven't, and I will be surprised if we double our points tally in the second half. 

While we won't have suffered financially, I think we have shown our hand with the ambition of the club. Our ambitious young players will all leave and potential new players won't ever see us as a Premier League team. Why would you want to join a team that takes Premier League seasons as a free hit? 

Farke will have to repeat a miracle to take us back up, effectively from scratch. It's very unlikely to happen. 

It was even less likely that he'd take us up in the first place. I can't change the ambition of the club or the owners, but with the resources available to them I think they're running the club in the best way they can (in fact, the best model in their 20+ years at the helm).

I certainly don't think it'd be a miracle if he took us back up, and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that we'd sell all our young players if we go down. But anyway, that's a discussion for the summer if we go down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I reluctantly have to agree with your summary here Herts. I can now see Ben, Max, Emi and possibly Todd leaving us. You wonder whether Daniel Farke might look for a new challenge or might he try and stay until he sees how the first 10 / 12 games go?

And indeed, if you really want PL football why indeed might you join if you're very ambitious.

I do like the 19 game season though. It means we have to win 9 or 10 of them to stay up. It could happen with my yellow and green tinted glasses on.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I reluctantly have to agree with your summary here Herts. I can now see Ben, Max, Emi and possibly Todd leaving us. You wonder whether Daniel Farke might look for a new challenge or might he try and stay until he sees how the first 10 / 12 games go?

And indeed, if you really want PL football why indeed might you join if you're very ambitious.

I do like the 19 game season though. It means we have to win 9 or 10 of them to stay up. It could happen with my yellow and green tinted glasses on.

9 wins and no draws would definitely be enough, we wouldn't go down with 39. I still can't see it happening, though!

Emi will definitely leave if we go down, and Godfrey probably too. Max maybe, Todd maybe not, Jamal maybe not. The good thing about the situation is that if we sell one or two (big bids for Emi and Ben), we'll be under no financial pressure to sell the others, so we can hold out for massive fees.

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

Anyone revised their percentages after today? 

Yep. You're now 100% of a c**t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/12/2019 at 17:38, Feedthewolf said:

9 wins and no draws would definitely be enough, we wouldn't go down with 39. I still can't see it happening, though!

Emi will definitely leave if we go down, and Godfrey probably too. Max maybe, Todd maybe not, Jamal maybe not. The good thing about the situation is that if we sell one or two (big bids for Emi and Ben), we'll be under no financial pressure to sell the others, so we can hold out for massive fees.

Given the money we are getting why sell anyone? And why do you seem excited about it? Baffling..

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Given the money we are getting why sell anyone? And why do you seem excited about it? Baffling..

How have you reached the conclusion I am excited about this? I think the post is pretty pragmatic. Of course I'd rather keep hold of the players, but the reality is that once a player decides he wants to move onwards and upwards it's only going to end one way. That's the way our model works, and bringing through young players and then selling them for big money is proof of the model working well.

Well I guess drawing against Palace is better than drawing against Wycombe. 100% better.

4 relegations from the premier League (more than any other team) suggests our model is not that great... Maybe I have ambitions above yours and the current owners. Many of us do....still on for the top 26....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

4 relegations from the premier League (more than any other team) suggests our model is not that great... Maybe I have ambitions above yours and the current owners. Many of us do....still on for the top 26....

That's only painting half the picture, though. Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest and a whole host of other clubs have only been relegated once, because they never got promoted back again. It's not fair to only look at one side of the equation.

My ambition for the club is probably higher than that of the current owners, but I don't own the club. They have made a lot of mistakes down the years, but we're in good shape compared to a lot of other points in their 23 years at the helm. I'd welcome new investment at the club, but I do think the model is currently working well considering the lack of capital.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's only painting half the picture, though. Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest and a whole host of other clubs have only been relegated once, because they never got promoted back again. It's not fair to only look at one side of the equation.

My ambition for the club is probably higher than that of the current owners, but I don't own the club. They have made a lot of mistakes down the years, but we're in good shape compared to a lot of other points in their 23 years at the helm. I'd welcome new investment at the club, but I do think the model is currently working well considering the lack of capital.

Lack of capital.. nail on the head. To fix that we need new owners. 

No blame to anyone at all from me. We have put in some impressive performances this season, unfortunately not for the full ninety minutes in each game but there is enough to see that we are not far off from the level required to be successful at this level. We have a young team who in the main have not played at this level before, and despite not getting the results we want, are still battling it out in every game.

I think that being a top 26 team is quite an ambitious target and it means sometimes dropping down to the championship. The fact that we are operating within our target range without spending a lot of money means to me that we are managing our resources extremely efficiently. When we get relegated this time around we will have managed our resources to be well-placed to come back up again, though of course nothing is guaranteed.

The most important thing for us this season is to keep our spirit and unity and keep putting in good performances. It requires the fans to be onside and see the long view picture. Playing this blame game stuff helps nobody.

• Like 1

the problem with the “long term” future idea is it surely relies on a degree of squad continuity to enable us to “build” but we will lose Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Godfrey and maybe Pukki and Lewis.

if we keep any of them by blocking moves then they are likely to be frustrated. 

The defenders we can probably cope with but without Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell we have very little attacking threat.

yes we will have money but it’s quite an ask to replace those players with equivalent quality whilst in the championship. This season just feels like such a waste of a great batch of technically  gifted and talented players, primarily because the club has zero ambition and didn’t back the coach. 

12 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Those 4 relegations are under the old system we had of buy high and sell low. The new system is buy low, sell high. Which is slowly working, see Maddison and the Murphys for example. 

I'd say your ambition is actually not very ambitious. It's being stuck in the old ways unwilling to try something new. 

I love the way our “model” which is borne out of nothing more than necessity (In order for the owners to keep hold of the club) is being sold as something ground breaking or novel.

its essentially the same approach Chase took and he was hounded out of the club for it. 

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Those 4 relegations are under the old system we had of buy high and sell low. The new system is buy low, sell high. Which is slowly working, see Maddison and the Murphys for example. 

I'd say your ambition is actually not very ambitious. It's being stuck in the old ways unwilling to try something new. 

Old regime? Its the same owners, its the same people making the same mistakes, its not a new regime. Sell high buy low will not improve your 1st team and that to me and 99.9% of all football fans I know is the main thing.

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I love the way our “model” which is borne out of nothing more than necessity (In order for the owners to keep hold of the club) is being sold as something ground breaking or novel.

its essentially the same approach Chase took and he was hounded out of the club for it. 

Spot on 

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Back then it wasn't novel. Every club was doing the same as Chase, barring one or two clubs. Now is different because every club tries to spend its way out of trouble, just to get a few seasons of mid league, usually followed by relegation and or bankruptcies or buys itself a few trophies.

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Old regime? Its the same owners, its the same people making the same mistakes, its not a new regime. Sell high buy low will not improve your 1st team and that to me and 99.9% of all football fans I know is the main thing.

System I said.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

System I said.

I like the fact you're trying to reason Herman but you're trying to debate with posters who spend their lives waiting for an opportunity to call for the owners heads; obviously without any thought to what happens afterwards.

On 02/11/2019 at 18:57, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, and while she was kicking them with her feet she was pocketing all the money with her hands while no one was watching. Absolutely disgraceful.

Absolutely disgraceful to suggest she was pocketing all the money.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I like the fact you're trying to reason Herman but you're trying to debate with posters who spend their lives waiting for an opportunity to call for the owners heads; obviously without any thought to what happens afterwards.

You know it will be the same people whining on endlessly if we **** loads on a new Naismith and saddle ourselves with an unsaleable asset. "Delia's wasting our money again."😫

8 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Absolutely disgraceful to suggest she was pocketing all the money.

Christ alive. Have you no concept of irony? That was in response to someone suggesting that our injuries were due to Delia kicking players!