Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Patrick Roberts

On 04/11/2019 at 08:10, king canary said:

This idea of us becoming a good place for youngsters from the top clubs to come on loan isn't really paying dividends since Gunn. Edwards and now Roberts both arrived with  big reputations but can't even make the bench let alone the first team.

And Passlack. 

There must be reasons. We aren't privy to all the knowledge and assessments of training, personality, team fit, attitude etc. 

Might be good enough, might not.

Not saying any of those are the issue, but it highlights the point. We just dont know, we can't.

Or he could well be the kind of guy who likes to wear gloves for a match and Farke just doesn't think he's mentally strong enough to deal with all the abuse he'd get on our little forum here.

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2019 at 17:40, Making Plans said:

The only thing "that's going on" is Farkes reluctance to change anything.

Every week he stands there and watches the same old sh*t and carries on as though we don't have a problem.

As did his predecessor, who admitted that fact in his recent interview. Carry on in this vein, and Farke and his team will become the history that became those who AN stuck by himself, and Webber cleared out. No room for sentiment in football. Good post MP.

8 hours ago, City 2nd said:

As did his predecessor, who admitted that fact in his recent interview. Carry on in this vein, and Farke and his team will become the history that became those who AN stuck by himself, and Webber cleared out. No room for sentiment in football. Good post MP.

Really, because I thought AN said one of his regrets was that he did change our playing style after "that" Newcastle defeat?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ian said:

Really, because I thought AN said one of his regrets was that he did change our playing style after "that" Newcastle defeat?

"We had a lot of players at the club for longer than five years, and we needed to start afresh," Neil said.

"Thirteen of the 24 players in the first-team squad were over 30, and when we went up the last time they were 28, which is significantly different, it's when you're at your peak.

"We needed to re-build and the one thing I blame myself for is that I re-signed all the players to get us back up because they'd done it in the past. I should have taken more time and looked to alter the squad at that stage."

6 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

"We had a lot of players at the club for longer than five years, and we needed to start afresh," Neil said.

"Thirteen of the 24 players in the first-team squad were over 30, and when we went up the last time they were 28, which is significantly different, it's when you're at your peak.

"We needed to re-build and the one thing I blame myself for is that I re-signed all the players to get us back up because they'd done it in the past. I should have taken more time and looked to alter the squad at that stage."

Which is absolutely fair. But also fair to say that he said he should not have changed the style of play prior to relegation.

As far as I am aware, and contrary to some opinions on here, I don't think we are relegated yet. I have absolute belief, that in the event we do go down, there is no chance of us being in the same situation as we were back then.