Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Patrick Roberts

6 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Discuss... 

Too much loyalty to what took us up and I am looking Buendia especially, been dreadful for weeks

• Like 3

Seems like a poor signing.

Not apparently good enough to improve the first team, won't help us next year if we get relegated and taking up space in our tiny wage budget.

It's impossible for us to say as fans.

On the one hand, he's a talented player at our disposal that isn't being used.

On the other, there has to be a reason why he isn't even being named in the squad. Something must be going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Until we know what's going on (will we ever know?) it's tough to assess this one.

• Like 1

His absence highlights what a failure the summer window was. Not a single player signed that can nail down a place in the starting 11. Criminal level of backing

32 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Might as well send him back and save some money.

He's wasting his time here.

Sadly I don't think it works like that.

Well if he hasn't been given a chance with our chronic injuries I can't see him being given a chance now players are returning. A strange one, but I agree with Making Plans. Farke doesn't seem to like him so might as well cancel the loan and send him back

The only thing "that's going on" is Farkes reluctance to change anything.

Every week he stands there and watches the same old sh*t and carries on as though we don't have a problem.

My biggest gripes about Farke (incredible job that he's doen) is he sticks too much by same players who aren't performing, and waits too late every game before making changes. 

This is bizarre given how woeful we have been since the Man City match. Roberts scores goals and creates chances and is more likely than most to have a pop from range rather than trying to walk the ball into the net, which clearly isn’t working. 

If he's not good enough, if he doesn't fit the system, if his attitude is not up to scratch then there are three reasons why he might not be playing. Farke does not suffer fools and egos gladly and every player has to fit in or be left out. I don't know or really care that much as to why Roberts has not featured much - but I trust Farke in his management of the squad.  If Roberts is "right" he will play but it is up to Roberts to make sure he is right.  At the moment he plainly isn't and so the ball is in his court to prove it to the manager and make himself selectable.

I trust Farke, but only to a point - we are continually makIng the same errors and several players aren’t delivering.  

If the ‘three reasons’ Roberts isn’t playing are anywhere near right, then we have to question our summer signings - signing anyone who is not good enough and doesn’t  fit our system simply shouldn’t have been signed. Period.  I hope the lad gets his chance and plays well when he does - but in order for that DF needs to give him that chance.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

Agree with what you say Lakey but people are getting a bit fed up with Buendia's on pitch attitude. Roberts must be incredibly poor in training if he doesn't get at least a chance. 

Getting a player in on loan and  not playing him when the team is winning (Passlack) is fine, but getting a player in on loan and not playing him when the team is playing so poorly is very questionable and i say that as somebody who holds Farke in high regard. The only conclusions i can draw are we are not as good as identifying  the right players as we thought or we are getting paid to improve the attitude of young players who have gone off the rails.....

2 hours ago, Clint said:

This is bizarre given how woeful we have been since the Man City match. Roberts scores goals and creates chances and is more likely than most to have a pop from range rather than trying to walk the ball into the net, which clearly isn’t working. 

What evidence do you have that he "scores goals and creates chances"?

Is it his entirety forgettable cup appearances or his grand total of 0 goals and 0 assists from last season? 

No one has any evidence on Roberts 'cos no **** has seen him. 

If Roberts was so crap last season why the hell are we loaning him? I thought we had data and stats for that sort of thing, or at least that's what Webber tells us.

I did have slight worries about Emi for this season, only because I wondered how he’d handle things when the chips were down like some of his time in Spain - he’s got that Latin fire about him, and when the team’s in a great place and smashing the Championship then it’s understandably much easier to keep that under wraps. He seems to be cutting a very frustrated figure this season, which is a shame, because I’m so confident he’s got what it takes to be a major hit at this level. It’s like he’s trying to overcompensate at times, almost trying too hard, and sometimes holds on to the ball longer than perhaps he would have last season - it seems to be a bit of a vicious circle for him. I hope we can find a way to make him relax and play his game because we would all love to see him do well - he has what it takes, we know this.

I feel if he gets that lucky break against Watford on Friday night, then that could be a potentially pivotal moment in our season. We need our Emi firing again! 🔥

As for Patrick Roberts, we know Farke is a very reasonable man. That is very evident. So I feel there must be very good reason why he’s not playing, or even being involved. That said, I’d like to see him given a chance because I think the team could do with some fresh creativity, if only to inspire the rest of our players. I think some of the lads need reminding we are very capable, and can play very high quality attacking football. Bring back the fast breaks that left teams at 6’s and 7’s please : )

If he doesn't fit the system, you'd think someone, somewhere at the club might have worked that out for themselves before we signed him.

We supposedly look at all aspects of a players character/personality before signing them as well as taking, obviously, their playing strengths into consideration. Due diligence sort of thing, will they 'get' Norwich etc etc etc.

Unless Roberts fooled everyone to thinking he was Mr Perfect in life, training and attitude beforehand, it a bit of a slip up from someone, somewhere.

As has already been said, its not as if the current midfield are tearing up the PL so he can't get a game.

He'll be quietly shipped back to Man City in January & head off elsewhere.