Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Frantic activity!

So we (the manager) have made enquiries about many players. He has inquired about allmost any large striker who would be a target man, but also some quality ones, - Halford and Jerome come to mind. Mind you in Halford''s case according to his manager the inquiry was a routine inquiry that he has often done himself.Is inquiring about so many a sign of indecision, or that we have not made up our minds despite the talks over two weeks with West Ham?Is it public relations, - persuading us that he has been very busy, even though we didn''t get the quality players supporters wanted?Is it a smoke screen to conceal what is going on, to put Megson and others on false trails, and a surprising rabbit will be pulled out of a hat at the end of the weekI hope that it''s the last, I really wouldn''t want Adebola, Ormerod, Gray or Scowcroft and I rally wouldn''t want a good sum wasted on players of the quality of his recent signings.

[quote user="Salopian"]So we (the manager) have made enquiries about many players. He has inquired about allmost any large striker who would be a target man, but also some quality ones, - Halford and Jerome come to mind. Mind you in Halford''s case according to his manager the inquiry was a routine inquiry that he has often done himself.

Is inquiring about so many a sign of indecision, or that we have not made up our minds despite the talks over two weeks with West Ham?

Is it public relations, - persuading us that he has been very busy, even though we didn''t get the quality players supporters wanted?

Is it a smoke screen to conceal what is going on, to put Megson and others on false trails, and a surprising rabbit will be pulled out of a hat at the end of the week

I hope that it''s the last, I really wouldn''t want Adebola, Ormerod, Gray or Scowcroft and I rally wouldn''t want a good sum wasted on players of the quality of his recent signings.
[/quote]

Yeah, its all a PR trick, they''re planning not to buy any players, lose every game between now and the end of the season and every time one of you suggests a player Nigel gets his notebook out and puts them in the ''definately don''t buy'' column.