Sign in to follow this  

The defense as individuals are good. As a unit they would concede in almost every game if we were playing in league 1.  It's not working collectively. 

I worry that the players we think we can sell on have a value that will diminish if we carry on like today.

Lewis and Aarons had no protection today. We know their job is to attack as much as they can but they were left stranded by Onel and Emi.

Until we return to being able to get Max and Jamal overlapping into the opponents area, we will suffer

4 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Brighton bring on a Belgium international, it really does show the gulf we're trying to deal with. 

4 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

Agree

He's almost 25 and uncapped.

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's almost 25 and uncapped.

Just look at the players the Belgians have!!! And he's the real deal, I worked in Belgium and you could've said the same about Tielemans a few years ago... top player , you w8 

Edited by ROBFLECK

What I find really frustrating is that not only did we have such limited activity in the transfer window, but that the players we did buy have had such little game time. It’s one thing that we had a minuscule amount of money to spend, I understand that, but of the signings we made Roberts has slid off the radar, and Drmic hasn’t been given a proper chance (even when he has been fit). Amadou’s done his best out of position, but we have to hope he improves things if and when the injury crisis ever allows him to play in midfield. Byram, in fairness, looked ok in his limited game time, but no one so far has brought any particular improvement to a struggling squad. And that’s already starting to seem like terrible summer business.

• Like 1

Highlights looked dire. What the hell was going on with the 2nd goal, no-one within 3 yards of the ball when it hits the floor from the free kick, no-one attacks it, no-one is even close.

It seemed to me that from before half time we would be happy with a draw and played like it ! As the match moved on we dropped back a defended without a look to go forward !

9 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It doesn’t even feel like we’re at the same level as when we went up under Lambert or Neil. We just look poor all over the park.

Lambert accepted that the needed to make some tough decisions upon promotion and let a few people go in order to upgrade. That's what most promoted sides do. It's odd that we didn't do similar. 

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Highlights looked dire. What the hell was going on with the 2nd goal, no-one within 3 yards of the ball when it hits the floor from the free kick, no-one attacks it, no-one is even close.

Cantwell and Srbeny had literally just come on and the goal came from the lack of organisation as a result of that change. Farke even mentioned that after the match and said he was a bit "self critical" about it, basically admitting it may have been a mistake to make those subs when he did.  It killed the game, because at 1-0 we were still in with a chance.

Having attended all the away games thus far, Brighton was by some way our worst performance in the PL and competing well with Crawley for its mediocrity. We were never in the game and if we were still playing now I suspect we would not have scored. On the plus side, I don’t think we felt quite as bad as following the previous 5-0 hammering.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Cantwell and Srbeny had literally just come on and the goal came from the lack of organisation as a result of that change. Farke even mentioned that after the match and said he was a bit "self critical" about it, basically admitting it may have been a mistake to make those subs when he did.  It killed the game, because at 1-0 we were still in with a chance.

Unless absolutely necessary,  subs should never be made when defending  a corner or free kick in your own defensive half. .. . . A quote from Big Sam's little book of Robust defending, ok I made the last bit up but making up quotes does give a point extra  gravitas.  As the Subs were being made I thought " schoolboy error Daniel, hope it doesn't  backfire" , it did. 😥