Sign in to follow this  

No offence to the lad but when you’re bringing on the likes of Sberny to get you back into a game in the PL you’ve got no chance 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

They just stood still. Like I said a minute ago, they don't look bothered.

Tim Krul an honourable exception surely?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

They just stood still. Like I said a minute ago, they don't look bothered.

You wonder how hard it would be to start coaching man-marking at this point in the season. The biggest lump on the pitch is allowed to walk through the box and prod that home.

I'm afraid we look like what we are - a championship team playing in the premier league.

Even when we get Zimmermann and Hanley back... will it make that much of a difference? I can't see it.

My confidence in us staying up this season is starting to go sub-zero.

😭

OTBC

Roberts absence highlights what a failure the summer transfer window was. Farke deserves far better backing than this, he’s been thrown into a gun fight with plastic knives

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm afraid we look like what we are - a championship team playing in the premier league.

Even when we get Zimmermann and Hanley back... will it make that much of a difference? I can't see it.

😭

OTBC

A poor Championship / League One team

1 minute ago, JF said:

Roberts absence highlights what a failure the summer transfer window was. Farke deserves far better backing than this, he’s been thrown into a gun fight with plastic knives

This - I feel so sorry for him. Strip away the spin and reality is that he has had least backing in Prem than almost every manager in history - and it shows 

This performance was no better than the worst ones under Hughton.  Trying to be tight at the back, but still conceding whilst offering absolutely nothing going forward.  Making it far to easy for the opposition, not just losing the midfield battle week after week, but getting absolutely slaughtered.

From the stadium- thoroughly uninspiring. At no point did I feel like 'yeah we could win this' against a very midtable team. Lack of investment coming back to bite us.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

This - I feel so sorry for him. Strip away the spin and reality is that he has had least backing in Prem than almost every manager in history - and it shows 

It's hard to feel sorry for him when he isn't getting enough from the players he has. Backing or not he has to get more out of these players and find a way for them to compete. 

This is what happens when you try to get a team built to play a certain way to try to be solid and defensive. You slightly negate the bad while taking away all the good. The players look drained of confidence and have no belief whatsoever. I don't think the losing duels and one v ones is a physical iussue, more that our players feel inferior and low on confidence and we're afriad to impose ourselves. 

Next week v Watford go back to doing what we did at the start of the season. Yes we'll conceed like crazy but it'll be better than losing ever game by the odd goal and scraping a 0 0 now and again

I thought we might be able to compete with the also rans but I was clearly wrong. The defence was always going to be the weak point and the injuries in that department have just killed us.

I expect we will win one or two more but nowhere near enough.

Next week v Watford go back to doing what we did at the start of the season. Yes we'll conceed like crazy but it'll be better than losing ever game by the odd goal and scraping a 0 0 now and again

Definitely

Well if this is what the long term plan is heaven help us because that shower won't get us out of the Championship. Brighton were ordinary at best.

Hughton-esque.

Confidence is shot, so trying to play the free flowing stuff from earlier in the season is going to be very hard

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I thought we might be able to compete with the also rans but I was clearly wrong. The defence was always going to be the weak point and the injuries in that department have just killed us.

I expect we will win one or two more but nowhere near enough.

Not helped by Farke. The 2nd goal was ****ing rediculous. never ever take your CH off about to defend a corner.

9 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

It's hard to feel sorry for him when he isn't getting enough from the players he has. Backing or not he has to get more out of these players and find a way for them to compete. 

Behave yourself 

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

😭

OTBC

We conceded far too many goals last season when winning the championship. It was an area we (and I imagine the owners and board) knew needed strengthening. It wasn’t and what happened last season continues this. We are a very poor prem side, and self sustaining will not cut it I’m afraid. They didn’t create one chance today!