Sign in to follow this  

Baffling how it looks as if Pukki, Marco and Emi have never played together before

I do wonder was has happened to the way we pressed early season. We beat City by not letting them settle but now we seem to be giving Brighton time to bring it out.

We look to me to be playing a 5 3 2, certainly at least off the ballĀ and while it has tightened us up at the back a bit, we've lost most of our threat going forward. It's a sensible approach to take but I'm not sure it suits our players, we're too lightweight in the tackle and easily brushed off the ball to play deep defensively. If we play our usual game we're often carved open too easily. I'm glad I'm not Farke as I have absolutely no idea how we can get the balance right with the players we have available.Ā 

There's a lot of arguing between our players. That's usually not good but perhaps it shows passion?Ā 

Once again we are causing ourselves problems by giving the ball away in dangerous areas. Sides press us high and we need to find an answer although Hernandez has provided another option.Ā 

But 0-0 at half-time always pleases me. We are in the game.Ā 

Emi getting into great positions and just not pulling the trigger, seems to be a real reticence when it comes to taking a chance from distance.

20 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Looking at how other results are going, we cannot afford to settle for draws.

i know itā€™s early in the season still but days like today are showing that every team can pull a win out of nowhere, every team except Watford and us that is!

I don't think many people expected us to beat Man City.

We are very open Even the rag teams look stronger than us. Very disappointing. A touch of good luck is required.

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

We need 3 points here. Anyone who's happy with a point is willing to accept relegation.Ā 

I'd take a point all day long.Ā 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

don't think many people expected us to beat Man City

Shall we just dine out on that and leave the room quietly?Ā 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

I'd take a point all day longļ»æ.Ā 

What you would take and what we need are exceptionally different.Ā 

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Shall we just dine out on that and leave the room quietly?Ā 

You can leave the room, no problem.Ā 

• Haha 1

Brighton bring on a Belgium international, it really does show the gulf we're trying to deal with.Ā 

Edited by Il Pirata

Brighton are upping the ante a bit now. I don't like the look of Glenn Murray on the bench either. He is just the sort of clever player to draw a foul where we don't want to concede one.

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Brighton bring on a Belgium international, it really does show the gulf we're trying to deal with.Ā 

Agree