Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Norwich fans "Stiepermanns no where near good enough at this level despite only playing about 7 prem games"

Looking very good today. Goes to show...

Agree. Emi is the disappointment for me this season so far. He's run into dead ends a couple of times in this game too and then got a strop on. Be great if he could get that mojo back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

How are we playing?

Ok on the whole. Bit sloppy at the back at times but more of a Bournemouth display than West Ham at the mo. Carrying a threat going forward but final pass is lacking.

OTBC

Commentator on my stream criticising Tettey for his defending. I think he’s missed a key fact...

• Haha 1

Good away performance so far. Very good, when you consider we have Tettey as one of our CBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Would anyone NOT be happy with a nil nil draw?

Looking at how other results are going, we cannot afford to settle for draws.

i know it’s early in the season still but days like today are showing that every team can pull a win out of nowhere, every team except Watford and us that is!

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

i know it’s early in the season still but days like today are showing that every team can pull a win out of nowhere, every team except Watford and us that is!

I'd take a draw. We just need to hang in there and stay in contention, strengthen in January.

Interesting. According to VAR last week Maupay should have been sent off. This week, VAR says no. Cant help but hate VAR even more.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It’s early season and we have three injured CBs out of four.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

image.png.9bef1c12687503a94572900177eb3984.png

• Haha 2

Just now, hogesar said:

Interesting. According to VAR last week Maupay should have been sent off. This week, VAR says no. Cant help but hate VAR even more.

I'd forgotten about VAR. Can only be a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Would anyone NOT be happy with a nil nil draw?

A point, a clean sheet and no fresh injuries will do me fine at this current moment.

• Like 3

Under the cosh for the last 15. We need more bite and snap in midfield, they're playing through us too easily. 

Stieperman unlucky and Emi flashes, with no end product. A draw here and a home win next week would still be very good, but I'm not convinced we'll keep a clean sheet - our defending is a little frantic. 

I think maybe we've got a reputation as lightweights & therefore are easily knocked off the ball, when in fact we are being fouled.

Not sure how that's not even a yellow card for the challenge on Aarons there, if VAR can't see that the ref made an error then there's something badly wrong with the level of interpretation tbh.

Saying that, the earlier blatant shove on Lewis got away scot-free as well, how many times do we need to get fouled before a ref actually does their job???

Defence is all at sea apart from Godfrey however, which is not unexpected in the current situation, but boy are we looking weaker than ever there, good job Godfrey and Krul have been churning out top rate performances to keep things from being ridiculous.

Need to see more of the old Buendia though, and for god sake, give Pukki something to work with, he's been starved for the past 5 games ffs.

Another VAR goes against us. It clearly doesn't work

I would take a 0-0 draw because my weekend would be better. But it could mean we fall further behind.

For the next five games including todays I have indulged myself with 9 points. 

But we do look second to the ball much of the time and not supporting each other enough. Whether it is because MacLean and Trybull have been told to sit and cover I don't know. What I do know is that Brighton aren't the greatest threat and maybe a little bit of risk in the 2nd half might bring its reward.

Sounds (and feels) like its only a matter of time before Brighton score. We just can't halt attacks, we're sliced through too easy. Our midfield is too open, but we don't have the personal to really change it. Therefore we have to get on the front foot and keep a high press, and not give the ball away in advanced areas. Keep the ball longer and probe a bit. 

It's all very frustrating, we aren't pressing them very well at all and making it easy for them to get in and around the box. 

Going forward there is a lack of movement and people wanting the ball and it is leading to players just trying to take everyone on themselves. Our passing is a bit lacking to.

It's hard to believe this is the same team as last season as we are not doing many of the things that brought us success. 

• Like 1

Brighton should be down to 10 men for me. The second angle of the replay showing he went studs in on Aaron’s leg, if var have seen that angle it’s another error in a long list of them. Quite happy with how we are playing, could go either way