Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Alex Neil

I would imagine Stoke are offering him a very lucrative deal. Wouldn’t be amused if I were a PNE fan.

Is he odds on because hes doing very well at Preston and therefore desirable  or because  there is something in the story.  Not sure it would be a wise move but dont really know that much about Stoke  apart from the fact they're not doing great in the championship,  are they heavily in debt?   He may of course think he has taken Preston as far as he can and I suppose if successful  with Stoke he would have established himself as a top championship manager and may get an opportunity with a club realistically  chasing promotion.  Good for home as I liked the guy but felt that maybe the premier league with  us was too much too soon for him. What a run he took us on though.  Best of luck whatever happens Alex.

Edited by wcorkcanary

It seems strange on the surface as Preston are third (although it's early days) and Stoke are bottom, but it isn't that odd when you think about it. 

There's the obvious financial reason: I'm guessing that the Stoke manager would probably earn double what the Preston manager earns.

Also, Preston are punching above their weight. No matter how well Neil does at Preston, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever have enough resources to go up. Stoke are richer than Preston and still have another season of parachute payments if I'm not mistaken. Assuming he keeps Stoke up this season and starts building for next year, they could be a decent bet for promotion next season.

So who is in the best position now and has more chance of promotion this season? Preston. Who has more chance of being in the Premier League in 2021/22? Stoke, for me.

Preston every chance of getting promoted and AN is being linked with many roles including remember the West Brom role. He is clearly thinking about a move now he has options.

My opinion which team is more likely to survive the premier league? Preston or Stoke.

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It seems strange on the surface as Preston are third (although it's early days) and Stoke are bottom, but it isn't that odd when you think about it. 

There's the obvious financial reason: I'm guessing that the Stoke manager would probably earn double what the Preston manager earns.

Also, Preston are punching above their weight. No matter how well Neil does at Preston, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever have enough resources to go up. Stoke are richer than Preston and still have another season of parachute payments if I'm not mistaken. Assuming he keeps Stoke up this season and starts building for next year, they could be a decent bet for promotion next season.

So who is in the best position now and has more chance of promotion this season? Preston. Who has more chance of being in the Premier League in 2021/22? Stoke, for me.

Remember when O Neil left us? He did exactly the same!