Van wink

Good Luck Ben

And all the other egg chasers in the England team.

A sleepless night tonight.........bring it on🤞

• Like 1

Yes, come on Ben, the often maligned Norfolk scrum half. Of course there was another Norfolk born lad there in George North who was born in Kings Lynn. Looking forward to this game more than 2003.

I am a season ticket holder at Camborne RFC and two of our ex players both born in Camborne to a Fijian father played for Fiji out in Japan. One of them, Sam Matavesi, had all his stuff pinched in London. His tournament medal and shirts signed by teams he played against. I bet they will go for a small fortune.

Our club will be open but my son and I won't go as thee is no food on and drinking on an empty stomach at 9am is a thing of the past.

@KG

We’ve been getting a lot of local news coverage from Holt RFC and today from Greshams School.

Eddie Jones and the England squad have been putting a fair bit of emphasis on celebrating the players coaches, those that looked after them in junior rugby which I think is excellent. 

Just about to head off to the Fat Cat Brewery Tap for a breakfast of beer and bacon bap. Six weeks ago I was in Sapporo waiting for England's first match of the tournament, and now we're in the final... nervous doesn't even cover it. What a journey, what a team, what an opportunity...

COME ON ENGLAND!

• Like 1

Didn’t get much sleep last night, really can only see one result but we have been here before with England teams, hence the excess nerves 😀

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Doing to England what they did to Wales. I hoped England would be able to impose their game.

Exactly that. I thought England would take South Africa to pieces, so you have to give SA credit, but the way they play doesn't make for an entertaining game. 

Great performance from the Boks. Full credit to them for outplaying, outthinking and overwhelming us from the start. No excuses and no accusations to our players. They tried hard but were second best on the day.

@KG

We’ve been getting a lot of local news coverage from Holt RFC and today from Greshams School.

Eddie Jones and the England squad have been putting a fair bit of emphasis on celebrating the players coaches, those that looked after them in junior rugby which I think is excellent. 

Norfolk seems to have a decent setup for Rugby but obviously not the history to turn it into a county who can get a team into senior Rugby. Apart from North Walsham giving it a go nearly thirty years ago, no team seems to be able to climb their way up.
The game is going backwards down here in Cornwall. I looked in our weekly paper's sporting section and there were 256 football teams playing and only 28 local rugby teams.
I love live sport and go to Rugby when Camborne are at home. Luckily I haven't had to miss more than the odd City game which obviously is my main love but nothing like standing on the terrace in between a few pints of the black stuff in the very good clubhouse.

53 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

@KG

Norfolk seems to have a decent setup for Rugby but obviously not the history to turn it into a county who can get a team into senior Rugby. Apart from North Walsham giving it a go nearly thirty years ago, no team seems to be able to climb their way up.
The game is going backwards down here in Cornwall. I looked in our weekly paper's sporting section and there were 256 football teams playing and only 28 local rugby teams.
I love live sport and go to Rugby when Camborne are at home. Luckily I haven't had to miss more than the odd City game which obviously is my main love but nothing like standing on the terrace in between a few pints of the black stuff in the very good clubhouse.

Walsham caught a cold many years ago by investing in a few Southern Hemisphere players together with a lack of financial discipline ( to put it mildly) They we’re doing well and crowds become reasonable, especially when City were not at home but it all went pear shaped. They are having a good season this year I think.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Great performance from the Boks. Full credit to them for outplaying, outthinking and overwhelming us from the start. No excuses and no accusations to our players. They tried hard but were second best on the day.

Completely agree with this. Still don't understand how their try wasn't ruled out for a forward pass, though? Looked forward in real time, and they have video assistance to help them? Not saying it would have altered the result - as you say, SA dominated us today and deserved to win - but what is the point of video assistance if not to make clear and unequivocal calls like that?!

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

#johnsonjinx

It was all going so well until Boris opened his gob. 😀

Totally, totally predictable. England have only ever won the World Cup at rugby union or football when there has been a Labour government...🤓

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Completely agree with this. Still don't understand how their try wasn't ruled out for a forward pass, though? Looked forward in real time, and they have video assistance to help them? Not saying it would have altered the result - as you say, SA dominated us today and deserved to win - but what is the point of video assistance if not to make clear and unequivocal calls like that?!

I thought it was marginal, initially they were looking for the offside. 
One of those that can go either way, but England were never going to get any 50/50 calls today.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Totally, totally predictable. England have only ever won the World Cup at rugby union or football when there has been a Labour government...🤓

Gonna be a while until we win another one, then...

• Haha 4

Just now, Van wink said:

I thought it was marginal, initially they were looking for the offside. 
One of those that can go either way, but England were never going to get any 50/50 calls today.

It wasn't a 50/50 call. Look at the vertical white lines along the 10-metre lines when he played the pass. With TMO that should have been utterly straightforward. Again, not saying we were robbed by the ref or anything like that, and SA executed their game plan superbly and deserved to win, but why have video assistance if you can't give decisions like that? It's not 50/50, it's demonstrably forward.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It wasn't a 50/50 call. Look at the vertical white lines along the 10-metre lines when he played the pass. With TMO that should have been utterly straightforward. Again, not saying we were robbed by the ref or anything like that, and SA executed their game plan superbly and deserved to win, but why have video assistance if you can't give decisions like that? It's not 50/50, it's demonstrably forward.

I will have another look but it didnt strike me as being as obvious as you say at the time.

31 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I will have another look but it didnt strike me as being as obvious as you say at the time.

It looked marginal to me at the time, but on the replays it was obviously forward. What on earth is TMO for if not to give judgement on things with the benefit of slow motion and multiple views? I've seen it several times from several angles, both at the time and afterwards, and it was forward. Not a matter of inches, a good yard forward. I'm incredulous about it, I just can't understand it.

The rules and interpretation on a forward pass have changed and caused a wee bit of controversy. It is now more dependent on the direction of the hands. How you can tell that from an overhead shot I don't know. What used to be a forward pass is now considered lateral because of the hand direction.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

The rules and interpretation on a forward pass have changed and caused a wee bit of controversy. It is now more dependent on the direction of the hands. How you can tell that from an overhead shot I don't know. What used to be a forward pass is now considered lateral because of the hand direction.

Indeed, the camera angle was not conclusive for me.