Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Come on Mrs. Argos!

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Congrats Onel! My wife and I are expecting our first (a little girl) in January, I hope my missus looks as decent as his afterwards!!!

Yep, Congrats to Mr and Mrs Argos. If my missus looked like that BEFORE giving birth i'd be delighted.

53 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, Congrats to Mr and Mrs Argos. If my missus looked like that BEFORE giving birth i'd be delighted.

This is probably not the forum to say this, but anyway here goes:

For me external faff is irrelevant ( faff being a "Fortuitous Arrangement of Facial Features") and being externally attractive and "nice" is insufficient for a long term relationship. An attractive and quick mind and spiritual curiosity are far more important for me.

I am afraid that things like Love Island and Naked Attraction on TV and tinder/grinder have encouraged an emphasis on external looks. In my experience the most externally attractive women have also been the least interesting and lacking in resilience and resourcefulness because they haven't had to work hard to get through life.

This isn't an attack on you, wcorkcanary, it's just that your words triggered this response in me.

Oh and congratulations to Mr and Mrs Argos.  

8 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

For me external faff is irrelevant ( faff being a "Fortuitous Arrangement of Facial Features") and being externally attractive and "nice" is insufficient for a long term relationship. An attractive and quick mind and spiritual curiosity are far more important for me.

I am afraid that things like Love Island and Naked Attraction on TV and tinder/grinder have encouraged an emphasis on external looks. In my experience the most externally attractive women have also been the least interesting and lacking in resilience and resourcefulness because they haven't had to work hard to get through life.

This isn't an attack on you, wcorkcanary, it's just that your words triggered this response in me.

"Never judge a lover by a good-looking cover"....... 😉 

50 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Nay worries Beardo,  I'm not offended by you triggering in fact what I wrote  was in jest nothing more nothing less.  As it happens my missus is actually  fairly fit as it goes. ( so I've been told , A 57 year old Kate moss lookylikey apparently)But looks  are like pace in football,  not essential  but doesn't hurt to have it. 32 years together,  so she must have a thick skin or I'm not actually  that offensive.  Ps I know of those  shows you mention but the trailers for them are vacuous enough for me to give the main event a miss. 

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

My experience is that external & internal attractiveness each follow a sort of bell curve distribution.

And there is absolutely no correlation between the two.

(N.B. the whole issue is far too subjective & complex to generalise about, although this guy supports your position):