Sign in to follow this  
GMF

NCFC Confirmation Statement

- Sarah Lynne Foulger & Colin David Wright - 80,000 shares

- Michael Martin Foulger & JT Holder - 12,000 shares

- Michael Martin Foulger - 6,200 shares

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

The whole Turner thing is probably the strangest of recent times.  Was anything ever revealed about what went on?

I believe they ran a Financial business, and needed to get back to managing it. They quit a few weeks before Lehman Brothers went under and the whole financial crisis kicked off. The Times said their net worth went from an estimated £255m in 2008 to £95m in 2009. 

38 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Not only is that a great look for the BBC (why did they change it?) But, wow, that was a serious bullet dodged!

Not sure if that proposed purchase of shares ever actually went through though. Plenty of noise about it potentially happening, but the shares seemed to have stayed with the Jones family - unless anyone knows differently 

Bought mine before they did the share issue, I contacted Neil Doncaster and asked if I could buy some. After a search, I found on Page 411 Myself.  MARTIN JAMES,   ORDINARY SHARES - 14  

2 hours ago, GMF said:

Not sure if that proposed purchase of shares ever actually went through though. Plenty of noise about it potentially happening, but the shares seemed to have stayed with the Jones family - unless anyone knows differently 

The man with the answer to that GMF passed away this May.

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The man with the answer to that GMF passed away this May.

The information is usually readily available from the previous Annual Returns and Confirmation Statements. However, the 2002 Annual Return is one of the few that’s no longer available online.

I suspect (and this touches on our exchange last week on another thread) that Jimmy Jones may have agreed to sell his shares, however, Giovanni Di Stefano also expected a seat on the board too. When the Club made it clear that wasn’t happening, his interest ceased and the share sale didn’t ever complete.

That’s my hunch - I’ll leave it to others to decide whether, or not, that was a good or bad thing.

17 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I believe they ran a Financial business, and needed to get back to managing it. They quit a few weeks before Lehman Brothers went under and the whole financial crisis kicked off. The Times said their net worth went from an estimated £255m in 2008 to £95m in 2009. 

They were not executive directors so that would hardly have interfered much with them running their business. I don't know the answer; but my suspicion has always been that they saw themselves as taking over the club in the long run, and for whatever reason  they realised that was not going to happen.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1