Sign in to follow this  
GMF

NCFC Confirmation Statement

Thanks for the link Gary,Ā  just going to make a coffee and wade through to find my shares šŸ˜€

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well Iā€™m there with my 4 Ordinary sharesšŸ™‚šŸ‘!

You and about 3,800Ā others who have 4 shares or less šŸ˜‰šŸ‘

Found myĀ two too, did have 4 but sold 2 to a friendĀ  but when I win the lottery I would like to buy loads to be in the top 10 shareholdersĀ šŸ¤£

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can someone send this to a filthy rich Chinese person so they know who to contact?Ā :classic_wink:

Unless theyā€™ve got an NR postcode, Iā€™d suggest theyā€™d be wasting their time šŸ˜‰

Archant still have 3500 i notice and the Turners who left on the hurry up have retained their 5000. Lots of interesting reading with several local companies clinging on to their shares from many years ago.

2 hours ago, Diane said:

So nothing much has changed since the 2007 list was produced ?

The last list i looked at was 2013 and not much has changed at all unless GMF can say otherwise ? Albert Jones holding 1200 shares in his name and The Pleasure Beach which he operates formerly run by his late father Jimmy the ex vice chairman still has in excess of 23,000 which makes him by far the biggest influence if you can call it that outside the boardroom.

Edited by TIL 1010

9 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I'm famous, found my four, that's my daughter's inheritance sorted

If you split them with her now you could enjoy them together while you're still alive.

I split mine three ways a few years ago. Since then AGMs have been something we do as a family. Like football is something we do as a family. šŸ™ƒ

Me and my son are on page 331 and my daughter is on page 696.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The last list i looked at was 2013 and not much has changed at all unless GMF can say otherwise ? Albert Jones holding 1200 shares in his name and The Pleasure Beach which he operates formerly run by his late father Jimmy the ex vice chairman still has in excess of 23,000 which makes him by far the biggest influence if you can call it that outside the boardroom.

The Pleasure & Leisure holding hasnā€™t changed since the 1998.

NeitherĀ they, the late Jimmy Jones,Ā or Albert, have increased their respective shareholdingsĀ since then - those are the facts.

Whether they, or Albert for that matter, attend AGMā€™sĀ I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

The Pleasure & Leisure holding hasnā€™t changed since the 1998.

NeitherĀ they, the late Jimmy Jones,Ā or Albert, have increased their respective shareholdingsĀ since then - those are the facts.

Whether they, or Albert for that matter, attend AGMā€™sĀ I have no idea.

Well aware that the shareholding has not increased nor was i suggesting that it had so notĀ  sure why you put the ' those are the facts ' in the post GMF.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well aware that the shareholding has not increased nor was i suggesting that it had so notĀ  sure why you put the ' those are the facts ' in the post GMF.

Simply because they are the facts.

9 minutes ago, GMF said:

Simply because they are the facts.

Probably why i used the words ' stillĀ  has ' in my post. Never mind see you at Brighton tomorrow no doubt.

Edited by TIL 1010

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Probably why i used the words ' stillĀ  has ' in my post. Never mind see you at tomorrow no doubt.

The point I was alluding to is that neither he (andĀ they)Ā haveĀ increased the shareholding for some time.

You may indeed šŸ‘

As someone who has never either considered or had the chance to buy shares, could someone give an overview of how you all came by your fabulous investment in NCFC? Is there any opportunity for those of us left by the wayside to join you?

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As someone who has never either considered or had the chance to buy shares, could someone give an overview of how you all came by your fabulous investment in NCFC? Is there any opportunity for those of us left by the wayside to join you?

Mine were in the family and signed over to me in 1982. They were 25 original ordinary shares. Now I have 9 and my sonĀ and daughter have 8 each.Ā 

Don't know how you'd get them now. People do trade them from time to time for a mutually agreeable price. The last I remember the club valuing them I think was at over Ā£100. GMF would know more about that.

I remember back in the 80s when there was an attempt to get shot of Big Bad Bob I was actually offered Ā£17.50 each for them. They will never be for sale.

Most of us bought some shares (ordinary and preference) which were issued during the Huckerby promotion season in 2003.Ā  That was the last time there was a proper public offering.Ā Ā 

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Mine were in the family and signed over to me in 1982. They were 25 original ordinary shares. Now I have 9 and my sonĀ and daughter have 8 each.Ā 

Don't know how you'd get them now. People do trade them from time to time for a mutually agreeable price. The last I remember the club valuing them I think was at over Ā£100. GMF would know more about that.

I remember back in the 80s when there was an attempt to get shot of Big Bad Bob I was actually offered Ā£17.50 each for them. They will never be for sale.

The shares are not traded on any authorised stock market, although,Ā until the early 2000ā€™s, could be traded via a local stock broker. They effectively stopped offering the service following the Clubā€™s public offerings in 2002/3, when shares were offered at an allocation price ofĀ Ā£25Ā each.

The allocation price increased to Ā£30 each around 2007/8 and again to Ā£100 by the then CEO, David McNally, in 2011. Thereā€™s been no new allocations at Ā£100 since 2014.

The Canaries Trust, at the request of the Club about five years ago,Ā offers a matched bargain platform for potential buyers and sellers via our website. Details linked.

https://canariestrust.org/ncfc-shares/

Quoted share prices vary considerably - ultimately, theyā€™re worth whatever buyers and sellers are prepared to agree between themselves.

Still waiting for the board to propose an ordinary dividend on my four ordinary shares - perhaps the company will have whopping retained profits following the next two transfer windows.

The monsoon conditions - at least en route to BrightonĀ -Ā might help to level us upĀ to compete, our last match there was truly shambolic even by our standards.

Yep, Shoite weather can be a great leveller, not sure that'll apply with Brighton though i'd love it if it helps us. We're not a pumpit thump it chase it kind of team so it could be a disadvantage for us. Here's hoping.

On 01/11/2019 at 17:32, TIL 1010 said:

Archant still have 3500 i notice and the Turners who left on the hurry up have retained their 5000. Lots of interesting reading with several local companies clinging on to their shares from many years ago.

The whole Turner thing is probably the strangest of recent times.Ā  Was anything ever revealed about what went on?