pete

Another DM on his way?

Apparently £10m rated Alex Kraal heavily linked with City.  With the £9m to be paid for Amadou  if we stay up will be rammed with DM's.  Suggest funds better expended on CB's preferably English Klose may not play a significant role going forward.

Rumour is on Pink Un.  

Rammed full of Defensive Midfielders is a bit of an overstatement. Tettey likely to retire at end of season and Amadou is just on loan with an option to buy. Which leaves the likes of Trybull, as I wouldnt class other midfielders we have as a DM. Would expect to see quite a few players touted around this time of year in the lead up to January.

• Like 1

We need 2 quality DMs in the squad with others capable of covering if necessary. Tettey realistically has at the very most one more top-flight season in him, if he decides to stay another year. Amadou and Kral would be a good long-term option there, with Trybull available to cover either of them but also free to play a bit higher up the pitch if both of them were available. Totally on board with this suggestion - of course we need defensive reinforcements but it's not an either/or situation necessarily. While we aren't going to be spending £30-40m apiece on bench warming players like certain other clubs are doing, bringing in 3-4 players for around £10m each is not going to be out of our reach this summer - We're debt-free and even if we come bottom of the league will take home £100m+. Are we going to throw money around? No. Will we invest wisely and break our transfer record several times over the next year? Almost certainly.

If it’s Alex Kral who played against England when the Czechs won then he looked a very good player. Can’t see it happening though.

Linked to the right type of player,   but given the CB gap that remains the priority for me.  While zimmermann may get fit there is a risk of a slow recovery or a secondary injury so cover is needed - spend the money there if an option is available.  

A CB would also release Amadou into his correct position,  which Tettey is also excited to witness. 

I think it will all depend on where we are in the table in Jan.

It seems a whole host of clubs are sniffing around Kral and if we're cut adrift I can't see us being a very attractive proposition.

Anyway... we already have a Krul... Things could get confusing 😜

Check this vid... He's a DM apparently... A DM with some severe attacking threat!

Yeah, we're never getting him!

I wonder if DF sees potential in him to play further forward in Stiepi's role too? He certainly looks to have the footwork and eye for a pass to make that work...

Anything to bolster our defensive frailties suits me.

Needs to be done asap.

When my support of City was in it's infancy John Bond was my hero. When threatened with relegation from the old First Division there was no farting around, no rigid adherence to systems or style only one thing was on his mind ... survival.  

In came that beloved (of many) hard, hard man Trevor Hockey and I seem to remember we eventually beat fellow relegation rivals WBA in a CRUNCH game and survived.

Kral, like TH, has a expansive hairstyle I note. It has indicated strength in the good book ('Dummies Guide to Religion,' that is.)

image.jpeg.8afb393f228d2018b8006d480ab6589f.jpeg

(P.S. How delighted I was when TK improved his contract,but it now seems money well wasted.)

image.jpeg

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Anything to bolster our defensive frailties suits me.

Needs to be done asap.

When my support of City was in it's infancy John Bond was my hero. When threatened with relegation from the old First Division there was no farting around, no rigid adherence to systems or style only one thing was on his mind ... survival.  

In came that beloved (of many) hard, hard man Trevor Hockey and I seem to remember we eventually beat fellow relegation rivals WBA in a CRUNCH game and survived.

Kral, like TH, has a expansive hairstyle I note. It has indicated strength in the good book ('Dummies Guide to Religion,' that is.)

image.jpeg.8afb393f228d2018b8006d480ab6589f.jpeg

(P.S. How delighted I was when TK improved his contract,but it now seems money well wasted.)

image.jpeg

How many players have played only a few games for City (12 in my namesake's case) and been so fondly remembered.

He did the job to perfection.

There are many similarities with today's situation although:-.

My post was slightly tongue in cheek in as much as it may be doubtful that the likes of Hockey (along with the great Duncan Forbes) would be as effective in today's (PL) game which is faster, more technical and, indeed more strictly scrutinised than it was then.

BUT: (1) Who knows?

(2) My opening sentence still stands. ("Anything to bolster our defensive frailties suits me.")

(3) "We were not physical enough" - Farke .

I wouldn't object to a Trevor Hockey tribute act being signed asap just in case and to find out.

Edited by BroadstairsR