Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

What about signing a defence?

I have noticed a lot of threads on here about signing striker after striker. In my mind the Defence needs some serious funding, we have a seriously bad defence! We have conceded loads this season and as with saturday cannot even win at home when scoring 2 ourselves. The team have conceded 3 or more goals, far too many times this season. The defence are not just bad but old. What about bringing in a decent young centre back to play with Shackell. A good defence breeds confidence in a team, I bet our team has none. I for one watch in agony at home now as the opposition play pinball in our box. Why did flem back off for the second goal until the striker got a shot in? They are a bad defence end of! This area is in serious need of investment.

I agree that we do need a striker aswell and a couple of good midfielders to play with Hucks and Saf, but all this will be pointless till we sort out our old, slow and leaky defence. Before you all start going on about how much money this would cost! Consider this Worthy has got us into this situation buy building this weak team and not investing in any defenders for ages. For that reason it is up to him to replace all these positions with the money he has, not me. He has brought in 2 poor right backs and 1 good 1 on loan. All this money when I honestly believe that Hughes is the answer to our right back situation. He is fast, strong in the tackle, Wheres his heart on his sleeve and considering he has played in midfield would have good enough distribution. With the money we would have saved the worst thing is we could of held onto Mattie Jonnson and Matt Svennson. Then we would have a good team.

Colin,

Shacks,

Flemmo,

Drury

charlton,

Brennan

Luis-Jean

Spillane

Rossi - Jarvis

just how many more defenders do you want?

jas :)

i get your point about the defence but you forgot to mention the DOC he has been playing out of his skin,he did have a shakey start when he first came but to be fair he has got himself in shape and has made the position his although he could do with a young and hungry partner like davenport,as for confidence the defence and greeno dont appear to have any in the midfield as when they get the chance they choose to bypass them straight to the front,trouble is this tactic just doesnt suit NCFC we need to keep it on the green and pass through the middle and without safs we just havent got the quality in there,hucks is bearing the weight of creating something and as for he could well do a decent job at right back but he distrabution is very poor. i take the point about mattias jonnson it was a big step up to the prem for him and he took a while to adapt,but i think he would of been tailor made for the championship,he wasnt affraid to take a knock and would solve the right mid problem.we need to get in reinforcements and fast,do you think they will play the old we tried to pull out all the stops but we couldnt find the right people at the right price card! and sit on the £5.5m in the bank.

they say you need to bruise your way out of this division and that big man little man combos work so hows about our own little paul mcveigh and a very big duncan furgeson !!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Colin,

Shacks,

Flemmo,

Drury

charlton,

Brennan

Luis-Jean

Spillane

Rossi - Jarvis

just how many more defenders do you want?

jas :)

[/quote]1 or 2 that are any good would help Colin doesnt

look good as he proved on saturday,Shacks always injured,Flem had his

day needs replacing,Drury started to look up lately but has been poor

for over a year,Charlton dont see him as a centre back,Brennan just

crap,Spillane havnt seen enough of him same as for Rossi but i thought

Rossi was a midfielder(just worthy played him out of position)