Sign in to follow this  
Jimaldinho

No Point Signing A Striker Until He Sorts Out That Abysmal Midfield!!!

Theres alot of talk of us making a bid for Cameron Jerome but i cnt see the point in making a bid of about 3 million for a player hu will get  F all service. Everything seems to pass our midfield in a game and the strikers get no service what so ever. Thats why dean ashton only managed 10 goals this season because of lack of service. However i cant see him signing another midfielder because he wont want to look stupid having signed 4 other centre midfielders in the last 6 months. If we sign a striker who has scored goals at another club i would bet anything he wouldnt score anywhere near as many than he did at his previous club. So Worthless get a right winger in and a centre midfielder AND THEN sign Jerome or Mcsheffrey.

TRUE WE DO NEED TO GET IN SOME CREATIVE MIDFIELDERS,SOMEONE WITH SOME SORT OF SPARK,ANDY HUGHES COULD RUN ALL DAY BUT SO COULD GARY HOLT AND HE GOT SLATED SO WE COULD OF SAVED £500,000 THERE,WE COULD OF KEPT EDWORTHY AND SAVED £250,000 SPENT ON COLIN AND WAGES FOR HIM AND SICKNOTE LOUIS -JEAN,WE DESPERATLY NEED A RIGHT SIDED MIDFIELDER,WE CANT KEEP EXPECTING HUCKERBY TO DO HIS MAGIC,WE ARE GETTING TO PREDICTABLE,I HEARD THAT IDIAKEZ HAS PUT IN A TRANSFER REQUEST HE COULD JUST BE WHAT WE NEED.

REMEMBER NIGE WE NEED QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!

i think ur right.

a decent striker needs service... we could spend every penny of the deano fund on a top quality player and continue to hoof it to him until the point he gets fed up....

or we could use the quality we have up front now.. with Wee Paul (thornes not bad.. his record speaks for itself....) and get some decent service in then watch the goals come

jas :)

Some good points there, it seems that alot of City fans are thinking the same.

Hughes could run all day and do nothing,only Safri and Hucks have been saving our poor midfield!Ashton was well annoyed with our tactics and service,so why put a new striker through that!?!

Is Hughsey not putting in good performances? he got slated a lot at reading to, however i have noticed you have seen that he runs for ever but i have to say he does do a lot more than you realise! Judging from the highlights on the championship of your game against watford , he plays whilst injured. He gives 110% constantly and can tackle and pass well. Although the fee you paid was a little high but he is a good player and could do a lot to help your chances of reaching the play offs. Judging again by the highlights i do believe you do need to sign a centre midfielder as you seem to have no problem scoring.

[quote user="RFC_1871"]He gives 110% constantly and can tackle and pass well.[/quote]

I''ll give you the 110% but no evidence of the tackling or passing well as of yet. I won''t hold my breath.

Yes, he''s enthusiastic alright, but Stevie Wonder could complete more passes in a game than Hughes. He is appalling and a complete waste of half a million pounds.

Andy Hughes is a rather poor footballer, and for every run and tackle

he makes, he also gives the ball away, which is far from inspirational.

Did anyone else wonder why he was not wearing the captain''s arm-band on

Saturday, I thought he was the curent skipper but Fleming appeared to

lead the team out ?. Let''s hope this means that Worthy no longer

considers him an automatic choice for the side and once Saff and

Robinson are back he''ll be back in the reserves, or better still, on

the transfer list.

Lets sell Hughes to Scummers!Then we will finish above them! Safri and Robinson will make a good pairing. Lets also make Safri our captain and stop giving it to which ever player kisses the badge next!