Sign in to follow this  
kendras1

Next Three Games

Not sure that I've seen anything recently to make me think we might get as many as 4 or 5 points in a 3 game run that includes 2 away games.

• Like 1

Lakey there is a fine line between optimism and delusion. You live far beyond it but, credit to you, it must be a happy place if a little unreal. I would imagine somewhere between 1-4 points is best case scenario given two away games. O is not impossible. We can't get to January soon enough given the obvious gaps in our squad in terms of both quality for this level and, more importantly, size and physicality. Even if CB return we need one or two big solid chaps at the back and a 10 to improve on Stieperman . 

Anything less than 6 points leaves us under a point a game at a third of the way through the season mark. Relegation would then be more likely than not.

Five maybe six points possibly🤞
Onel gave the side a big lift when he came on, hopefully he will be fit to start, and that Krul is fit.

28 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Anything less than 6 points leaves us under a point a game at a third of the way through the season mark. Relegation would then be more likely than not.

That means we’ll need to win one or the two away games. Big ask as we’ve been well beaten in all our away games so far. 

Had we managed to get one more win we’d be on a point a game and most of us would’ve been happy with that.

Relegation was always more likely than not but if we can manage four points we still won’t be too far off the pace.

47 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Lakey there is a fine line between optimism and delusion. You live far beyond it but, credit to you, it must be a happy place if a little unreal.

That nine points is achievable is not delusional, it is a real and possible outcome, just like any team putting a run together.  We have to get back to something like our best to do it, but I have every faith that the players and coaches have it within them to get us back to the kind of form we know we are capable of.  Beating Brighton who are very chipper at the moment will be tough, but it can be done and if so, would give a boost for the Watford game and if we won that, then the Arsenal game with the two week break, would be huge - and Arsenal are always going to be susceptible to a team like us...but we will need to be at our best.

The key is us getting back to our best form and if we achieve that, wins will come.

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That means we’ll need to win one or the two away games. Big ask as we’ve been well beaten in all our away games so far. 

Had we managed to get one more win we’d be on a point a game and most of us would’ve been happy with that.

Relegation was always more likely than not but if we can manage four points we still won’t be too far off the pace.

Yes, always room for hope.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That nine points is achievable is not delusional, it is a real and possible outcome, just like any team putting a run together.  We have to get back to something like our best to do it, but I have every faith that the players and coaches have it within them to get us back to the kind of form we know we are capable of.  Beating Brighton who are very chipper at the moment will be tough, but it can be done and if so, would give a boost for the Watford game and if we won that, then the Arsenal game with the two week break, would be huge - and Arsenal are always going to be susceptible to a team like us...but we will need to be at our best.

The key is us getting back to our best form and if we achieve that, wins will come.

Arsenal?

That's in December.

Where has the Everton (a) game on the 23rd gone from your calculaions?

Edited by Making Plans

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Lakey there is a fine line between optimism and delusion. You live far beyond it but, credit to you, it must be a happy place if a little unreal. I would imagine somewhere between 1-4 points is best case scenario given two away games. O is not impossible. We can't get to January soon enough given the obvious gaps in our squad in terms of both quality for this level and, more importantly, size and physicality. Even if CB return we need one or two big solid chaps at the back and a 10 to improve on Stieperman . 

Don't get him started.

A win and a draw from the next two should be achievable, giving us 11 points from 12 and still in touch. Important games, as they're against fellow potential strugglers.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Apart from Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Arsenal?

That's in December.

Where has the Everton (a) game on the 23rd gone from your calculaions?

Yeah, my bad, I couldn't find my fixture list and was guessing the third match.....whoever we play, if we get back to our best, we will give anyone a good match. 

Edited by lake district canary

I'm with Lakey here, I don't think this is as ridiculously pie-in-the-sky as some of his uber-optimistic bulletins. Winning at Brighton is not beyond the realms of possibility, we play better against teams that try to play football rather than those that bully us (West Ham, Palace, Burnley). Winning at home to the bottom team certainly isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and if we win those two then we can go into the Everton game with a bit of confidence.

I'm not saying we're likely to win the next three, but momentum is vitally important. If we get one win, a second win against Watford is eminently gettable... and then we have momentum and positivity.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brighton 7 points from 5 games, Watford unbeaten in 3. I'd bite your hand off for 4 points.

If you offered me 4 points now, of course I'd take them on the balance of probability.

• Like 1