Sign in to follow this  
Jim Turner

Neil Doncaster...

Enough profiteering over the sale of our star striker, it shows that we (or rather you) have accepted the fact that we are little Norwich the selling club. I don''t accept this and am fed up of it always being assumed that we will continuously allow mediocre performaces and big name sales. We need to realise that because of our superb home gates, and the miraculuous fact that Doncaster hasn''t sold Huckerby for 20p (sorry I''ll be fair selling him for £1.5m compared to the £750,000 we paid for him)- I''ve had enough of assuming we are lucky to have players of that calibre and I''m damn well fed up of  accepting and condoning failure. PLayers make mistakes and play badly, fair enough but Worthy needs to then drop them. Tough luck- why are we accepting uncommitted performances (and I''m hopefully saying performances rather than players) from the likes of Etuhu or even Loius-Jean? It is totally unacceptable. Nigel Worthington has been fantastic throughout his time at the club, but now has been a prolonged period of failure which is not something that should be embraced instantly. I''m thoroughly gutted by the sale of Ashton and the sickening gloating of certain figures unfortunately at the club. Perhaps in League 1 the low traffic will allow more people to stay in the hotel? Who knows, there will be some silver lining taking from our failure though eh Neil?  When we get quality we need to fight hard to keep it and to get more- failure should hurt and not be analysed for crumbs of comfort in the profit margins.

[quote user="Jim Turner"]

Enough profiteering over the sale of our star striker, it shows that we (or rather you) have accepted the fact that we are little Norwich the selling club. I don''t accept this and am fed up of it always being assumed that we will continuously allow mediocre performaces and big name sales. We need to realise that because of our superb home gates, and the miraculuous fact that Doncaster hasn''t sold Huckerby for 20p (sorry I''ll be fair selling him for £1.5m compared to the £750,000 we paid for him)- I''ve had enough of assuming we are lucky to have players of that calibre and I''m damn well fed up of  accepting and condoning failure. PLayers make mistakes and play badly, fair enough but Worthy needs to then drop them. Tough luck- why are we accepting uncommitted performances (and I''m hopefully saying performances rather than players) from the likes of Etuhu or even Loius-Jean? It is totally unacceptable. Nigel Worthington has been fantastic throughout his time at the club, but now has been a prolonged period of failure which is not something that should be embraced instantly. I''m thoroughly gutted by the sale of Ashton and the sickening gloating of certain figures unfortunately at the club. Perhaps in League 1 the low traffic will allow more people to stay in the hotel? Who knows, there will be some silver lining taking from our failure though eh Neil?  When we get quality we need to fight hard to keep it and to get more- failure should hurt and not be analysed for crumbs of comfort in the profit margins.

[/quote]

Jim, ''sickening gloating'' by whom?