Sign in to follow this  
norwichsteve

Have we given up playing the Norwich way?

I've seen Man United a few times this year and they are diabolical at keeping the ball. Somehow we gave up complete control and possession to them at home?

It seems like we're not trying to dictate games anymore after being burnt a few times.

• Thanks 1

I do agree with this. Our response to recent defensive issues seems to be to drop everyone deep behind the ball and not press the opposition like we used to. We are also going much more long ball up to Pukki who is getting isolated. We do clearly need to be more defensively solid but I think we should try and do that through not pushing the full backs on quite so much, not giving up trying to dominate possession against teams because ultimately, keeping the ball away from teams should alleviate pressure on the defence. 

Try to accept we are playing better teams and yes, better teams than us. We are trying to play our way but I think we has got round about how we play and maybe how to stop us.

To play our way requires a higher tempo with more intricate shorter passing.... it also requires a high level of confidence which we had last season.   We're not moving the ball as well now, primarily because of lost confidence, which is definitely down to the misfortune we've had with injuries......Our 3 behind Pukki have also not got to grips with this league so something has to give and we need to adapt at least until we get Zimmermann back.    Unfortunately, we seem to be carrying on with what's not working as today's line up indicates.    Tettey and Amadou may have had the odd good game but they aren't CB's and it reduces our DM options.      I'd put Byram alongside Godfrey and get more strength in the middle.    Byram is quicker, has a defensive mindset and would allow us to push Amadou forward when fit.    Steipermann hasn't given any indication that he can cope at this level so not sure his inclusion will help.  Not sure what's happened to Robert's and think Idah gives us more threat and option from the bench than Srbeny.  Hopefully Onel can spark Emi into performing at his best.

They've come up trumps for us so often, hopefully they can today.   OTBC.