Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

"We were not physical enough" - Farke

6 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

It's interesting that the Championship is a big, physical league you have to fight tooth and nail in....

But Norwich City who won it aren't big or physical enough.

Which is exactly the point being made by myself and Parma. Our technical ability was good enough to amass points against physical but less technically able players. This season the physicality is still there but at a higher level of technical ability. As TvB said, the Yayas and Zlatans dont come cheap. Nor the Harry McGuires and Pogbas.   The plan I would assume is to improve in all areas....... Technical, Tactical , physical and Mental. This is going to take time to achieve. I can wait, some cant. C'est la Vie. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I read this some while ago. People liked his antics on City Hall balcony but it's been downhill since. He hasn't done much this season for me.

If he were to take a bit more responsibility he could be good for us in the Championship so I hope he does stay.

The same site mentioned Pukki rejoining Celtic. 

I wasn’t overly impressed with him in the champs. He was immense against Rotherham (away), but we always looked so much better with Vrancic on the pitch. You’re right I. What you say, he got drunk and acted a fool and hasn’t done anything since!

Talking of physicality, that Palace lot are a finally toned bunch of brick outhouses. Credit to them, blowing Bournemouth away.

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I wasn’t overly impressed with him in the champs. He was immense against Rotherham (away), but we always looked so much better with Vrancic on the pitch. You’re right I. What you say, he got drunk and acted a fool and hasn’t done anything since!

He started off the season badly and had a really good spell where he played well,Yeah he was shocking yesterday but is he really as bad as you suggest he is.😊

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Talking of physicality, that Palace lot are a finally toned bunch of brick outhouses. Credit to them, blowing Bournemouth away.

We coped quite well against them  in January. I must admit, not conceding in the first 60 mins of any of our next games is a priority. Our fragile defence needs support and keep their shape early doors. Vrancic played that day with Tettey. Wouldn’t mind them returning to the lineup.

We aren’t clever enough either. Watford are a beast of a team but won a number of clever free kicks. When McLean got done for that goal, he either has to wipe him out or get wiped out. He did neither. 

18 minutes ago, Clint said:

We aren’t clever enough either. Watford are a beast of a team but won a number of clever free kicks. When McLean got done for that goal, he either has to wipe him out or get wiped out. He did neither. 

He was trying to social distance lol.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Might as well bump this before TVB does.

I was going to revisit at the end of the season. 

I still think being lightweight is a huge part of our problem, particularly in the middle of the park.

Did think we looked a better side without Duda and Drmic though. Done with the pair of them. 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Might as well bump this before TVB does.

We weren't that bad tonight, certainly the best league performance since the restart, but "we aren't physical enough" ran through my mind on many occasions.

We weren't good either. That was two poor teams but one was bigger than the other when it needed to be. Kenny should have launched Sar into the stand but he didn't and that sums us up.

On 02/11/2019 at 12:33, Mello Yello said:

Let's see how 'ickle Bournmuff' fare against 'well big' Man Utd......

How did Bournemouth get on this season then Mello?

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How did Bournemouth get on this season then Mello?

Just ever so ickle better than us....but they were finally outdone by a 'technical glitch'.....