Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Lakey please cheer us all up .

Honestly? Need cheering up? We're in the top league which is a fantastic achievement in itself, after one of the best seasons ever, we have shown we can beat the very best in the league, our main striker is one of the top scorers in the league, our head coach is one of those guru type managers who knows how to get the best out of players and inspires the fans with his type of football and leadership, the club is totally secure financially because it is being run properly, we have a fantastic youth set up which in turn is allowing is to get some of the best young talent in for building the future, our players relate with us in a good way with strong and likeable characteristics, we have some great games coming up that will allow us to develop with some of our injured players back and able to strengthen match days - Onel the most recent one to announce his return with a goal, which will do him the world of good. The player I'm most looking forward to seeing back is Vrancic as I think he is a big match kind of player and they are all big matches - and he will be available very soon. 

So cheering up?  What's to be down about? 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Honestly? Need cheering up? We're in the top league which is a fantastic achievement in itself, after one of the best seasons ever, we have shown we can beat the very best in the league, our main striker is one of the top scorers in the league, our head coach is one of those guru type managers who knows how to get the best out of players and inspires the fans with his type of football and leadership, the club is totally secure financially because it is being run properly, we have a fantastic youth set up which in turn is allowing is to get some of the best young talent in for building the future, our players relate with us in a good way with strong and likeable characteristics, we have some great games coming up that will allow us to develop with some of our injured players back and able to strengthen match days - Onel the most recent one to announce his return with a goal, which will do him the world of good. The player I'm most looking forward to seeing back is Vrancic as I think he is a big match kind of player and they are all big matches - and he will be available very soon. 

So cheering up?  What's to be down about? 🙂

Honestly? Need cheering up?  Yes.

We're in the top league which is a fantastic achievement in itself How very Norwich City.

after one of the best seasons ever In the second tier - we'd mock Ipswich if they said that.

our main striker is one of the top scorers in the league Think you may have come too soon.

inspires the fans with his type of football and leadership Who in turn show it by sitting in silence for 90 minutes.

the club is totally secure financially because it is being run properly Change the word 'club' to 'business'

we have a fantastic youth set up which in turn is allowing is to get some of the best young talent in for building the future Not sure how I feel about this, Todd Cantwell isn't the future. We supposedly have 3 £30/40/50 million plus defenders yet cant stop shipping goals.

our players relate with us in a good way with strong and likeable characteristics Again, how very Norwich City

What's to be down about? Reading your post.

• Haha 1

Ah, how easy it is to look on the dark side.  I'll agree there are two sides to it, but if we want to suceed, the the fans have to stay up for it....that was the request and is the continued message from the manager and players - fans are a huge aspect of what happens on the pitch at CR.  Some people refuse to accept that and continue to say the fans have no impact, but they are wrong. 

We don't want to get downtrodden and thinking we are going to lose all the time.....you gotta get up for it!

35 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Honestly? Need cheering up?  Yes.

We're in the top league which is a fantastic achievement in itself How very Norwich City.

after one of the best seasons ever In the second tier - we'd mock Ipswich if they said that.

our main striker is one of the top scorers in the league Think you may have come too soon.

inspires the fans with his type of football and leadership Who in turn show it by sitting in silence for 90 minutes.

the club is totally secure financially because it is being run properly Change the word 'club' to 'business'

we have a fantastic youth set up which in turn is allowing is to get some of the best young talent in for building the future Not sure how I feel about this, Todd Cantwell isn't the future. We supposedly have 3 £30/40/50 million plus defenders yet cant stop shipping goals.

our players relate with us in a good way with strong and likeable characteristics Again, how very Norwich City

What's to be down about? Reading your post.

Sounds like football isn't for you.

I absolutely loved last season and it was one of my favourite seasons supporting Norwich.

Todd Cantwell isn't the future? Well he's a young player from our academy playing in the Premier League.

What a sad post.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Whilst I do not agree with the majority of your message, I have to single this point out as I cannot agree. Last season was simply amazing, I have never enjoyed a season anywhere near as much; even the early nineties. It was the best I have witnessed and if I ever enjoy a season as much as that again, I shall consider myself very lucky.

• Like 2

It's pretty depressing at the minute. Or possibly I should say frustrating. That's probably a better word for it. Frustrating that we can't give a true account of ourselves due to injuries. Frustrating that the media just see us as EPL cannon fodder - and fail to acknowledge the true impact of our injuries.

We're in a higher division, but with a weaker side. I truly believed with the likes of Vrancic, Hernandez, Pukki and Klose playing week in week out, alongside our promising youngsters, we'd cause more than a few upsets. But it's just not happened for us. The question is can we turn it around? The teams confidence is low, and that doesn't change over night. Especially with the amount of young players we're relying on. Players returning from injury will help, but to establish form will take longer still. 

It's going to be tough, for sure. But as supporters we need to maintain a good vibe. If we do get relegated we need to be in a position to 'go again.' We'll still have two years of Webber and Farke - and I just can't see that duo not delivering something positive again. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Sounds like football isn't for you.

I absolutely loved last season and it was one of my favourite seasons supporting Norwich.

Todd Cantwell isn't the future? Well he's a young player from our academy playing in the Premier League.

What a sad post.

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Whilst I do not agree with the majority of your message, I have to single this point out as I cannot agree. Last season was simply amazing, I have never enjoyed a season anywhere near as much; even the early nineties. It was the best I have witnessed and if I ever enjoy a season as much as that again, I shall consider myself very lucky.

Gents,

The season was fantastic, hugely entertaining, we played some great stuff and overachieved with a shoestring budget.

It's up there with our League One season as one of my favourites.

But I find it a little tin pot to suggest that one of the best seasons the club as ever had was outside the top division and again, we'd mock them lot down the road if they said that.

4 hours ago, All the Germans said:

My cup is still full, remarkably perhaps after a depressing month. I agree about last season, it was so special for me that I am still running in credit. I remain hopeful that we can just settle by Xmas and rattle a few cages.

4 hours ago, CDMullins said:

But I find it a little tin pot to suggest that one of the best seasons the club as ever had was outside the top division and again, we'd mock them lot down the road if they said that

This is nonsense. Also you don’t speak for me when saying we’d mock them lot down the road.

Having worked with numerous 1p5wich fans, alongside the banter and mocking, there’s always been respect and honesty. I’ve openly admitted that League 1 was one of my favourite seasons as a city fan and have had many conversations with ‘that lot’ fans looking forward to enjoying this season down there.

I would and have proudly stated that last season is my favourite season ever watching city (to binners and anyone who’ll listen), something I didn’t expect to be saying after Lamberts championship season. I don’t equate ‘best’ to mean the highest we’ve finished in the footballing pyramid, best is what I’ve witnessed my team produce, how they’ve gone about it, moments of magic and electric atmospheres. Last season had everything.

57 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

This is nonsense. Also you don’t speak for me when saying we’d mock them lot down the road.

Having worked with numerous 1p5wich fans, alongside the banter and mocking, there’s always been respect and honesty. I’ve openly admitted that League 1 was one of my favourite seasons as a city fan and have had many conversations with ‘that lot’ fans looking forward to enjoying this season down there.

I would and have proudly stated that last season is my favourite season ever watching city (to binners and anyone who’ll listen), something I didn’t expect to be saying after Lamberts championship season. I don’t equate ‘best’ to mean the highest we’ve finished in the footballing pyramid, best is what I’ve witnessed my team produce, how they’ve gone about it, moments of magic and electric atmospheres. Last season had everything.

You'd be factually incorrect then.

Maybe its a regional thing or maybe I've been spending too much time with Leeds United fans but at some point I'd love us to move away from being (and for it to be acceptable to be) little ol' Norwich. 

I know I've picked on our faults but I am genuinley still positive about and happy with our current regime.

I just can't ever see us taking the next step.