Sign in to follow this  
Bill

We don't need to spend...

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So now I'm totally confused about why you highlighted our three best seasons from 117. Every club has three best seasons. I'm also confused about who you think has a little old Norwich mentality. I'd be very interested in a quote or something to back that up.

You're trying to find stuff that isn't there fella. 

A previous post jokingly questioned my ambition if I didn't want us to be a footballing giant. As a passing comment I happened to mention that I'm just old enough to remember the time that we could have possibly be considered that. Nothing more/less than that in the intention. 

I happen to think that we shouldn't be making comparisons with our perceived place in a footballing hierarchy but instead be making comparisons with our potential. I think we have the potential to establish ourselves in the PL if only for a few years and it's my opinion that the lack of spending for whatever reason this summer will be a massive inexcusable factor should we go down.

Should you feel that you sit in the group of people who might think "well that's ok that we went down, what about all the teams that want to be in our place", then you will fall in the group of people who in my opinion have a "little ole Norwich" mentality. If you disagree or feel triggered by that, I'm sorry but I dont really care.

Edited by BarclayWazza
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

You're trying to find stuff that isn't there fella. 

A previous post jokingly questioned my ambition if I didn't want us to be a footballing giant. As a passing comment I happened to mention that I'm just old enough to remember the time that we could have possibly be considered that. Nothing more/less than that in the intention. 

I happen to think that we shouldn't be making comparisons with our perceived place in a footballing hierarchy but instead be making comparisons with our potential. I think we have the potential to establish ourselves in the PL if only for a few years and it's my opinion that the lack of spending for whatever reason this summer will be a massive inexcusable factor should we go down.

Should you feel that you sit in the group of people who might think "well that's ok that we went down, what about all the teams that want to be in our place", then you will fall in the group of people who in my opinion have a "little ole Norwich" mentality. If you disagree or feel triggered by that, I'm sorry but I dont really care

Well duck my old boots! I could have sworn it was there when I quoted it. If it really wasn't there then my reply obviously wasn't relevant. However if you're mistaken, and it was there, then my reply deserves a response on that basis.

59 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Should you feel that you sit in the group of people who might think "well that's ok that we went down, what about all the teams that want to be in our place", then you will fall in the group of people who in my opinion have a "little ole Norwich" mentality. If you disagree or feel triggered by that, I'm sorry but I dont really care.

It's amazing how despite our incredibly poor owners and all our fans with a "little ol Norwich" mentality we seem to do so much better than these other clubs, who are full of fans who think they should be a lot better than they are (Leeds the obvious example). 😄 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's amazing how despite our incredibly poor owners and all our fans with a "little ol Norwich" mentality we seem to do so much better than these other clubs, who are full of fans who think they should be a lot better than they are (Leeds the obvious example). 😄 

What we are seeing now is this year's episode of a yearly event. Last autumn wazza had a his annual on rant at me. It wasn't that I was too little ol Norwich to see us established in the PL. My crime last season was putting up with Delia keeping us in the bottom half of the champs whilst watching dire and turgid football. I was apparently happy to lap this up while fans like him wanted a successful football club.

Move forward a couple of months and we were challenging for promotion. A few months more and we weren't just promoted but we were champions. I had a little smile about that earlier rant during the celebrations.

Now move forward a few months more and we're off again. 12 months after Delia had us chained to the bottom half of the champs it's little ol Norwich not to see us established in the premier league.

• Like 3

I look up to those in the top six

I know my place (in a hopitality suite (box actually)

more importantly though I have enjoyed the football over the past 12 months, a bitout of sync with Saddo,com, those who shreek the cuckoo song beforebthe game and the others who now proudly proclaim their allegiance but for me watch Aarons skip down the wing a la Foggo, to watch Krul make unbelievable blocks that I doubt Keelan would have got to ensures whatever 'hinvestment' and hambition we do or don't do I will always enjoy wathing good football and still feel privilged to be part of 'City'

If we are little ole Norwich then so be it.

The size of the city is little old Norwich when compared to Leeds Liverpool Manchester etc so it matters little as long as the football is good.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 22:47, Bill said:

......................... as some of the numpties on here are saying - albeit they are almost all bin filth.

However some should take a look at most of the other clubs who have been relegated. usually with three years parachute payments. Buried and forgotten in the main.

If we go down in May that will mean we receive only two years payments of a decreasing amount to what we have now. Thankfully though were that to happen most of our squad a players who have dramatically improved (their value) since signing for us. So would not be the same as having the likes of Naismiths contract to deal with.

However my thought is that the club have set a long term plan in motion that means identifying players who can then be 'brought up to speed' so as to eventually be PL standard. There might be a case to be made if this was not happening - but it is working . Watching Buendia and the Onel it would be hard to imagine that either didn't cost us in excesse of £10m. And would anyone have left CR tonight saying that was money wasted it it was true ? Whether Aarons was using this as a 'showcase' I don't know but he certainly looked like an excellent buy if we had signed him for £10m.

And that is pretty much my point. Simply spending money is not a guarantee, but the way we are doing things appears to be. Look at Krul today. What is it we are doing right to turn a 30 year old languishing on the bench into what he was today ? Absolutely stunning.

We don't need expensive signings, we need to keep to the plan that has taken us to the PL, won the title on the way, cleared our debts and put one helluva lot of belief back into the club. And I don't doubt we have made financial provision for relegation just as we have made provision for coaching and developing players on a long term basis. So to paraphase a chant.

'We're Norwich, we'll do it our way '

Another inbred happy clapper 

2 hours ago, City fan said:

Another inbred happy clapper 

Classy. Glad you're a scummer because youd be a painfully embarrassing Norwich fan.

• Like 1

I think the point a few of us are making is... to prosper and move forward, you need to invest in the team as the premiership is much tougher than the championship. If this was not the case all the other teams would not. The key is to have the people in place to invest wisely. Some of us believe, that whilst appreciative of our owners for stabilising the club they are not able to move us on to the next level.

Inalsonthink this comes down to where you see the club and what you are happy with. No right or wrong answer. I just think Delia and co have given us the foundation to push on and we just need people to do that.

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Classy. Glad you're a scummer because youd be a painfully embarrassing Norwich fan.

😂😂😂. W

1 hour ago, City fan said:

😂😂😂. W

Which City are you a fan of then 'City Fan' .  The City that beats all before it,buys world class players and wins Champions League? ....not Man City then. Or the City that represents a small county capital that fills it's stadium most weeks , has dragged itself out of financial peril , overhauled it's grade 1 academy and training ground, got promoted and is going through an unprecedented injury crisis...... probably not a fan of them either really, judging by your lack of understanding of what the club is about.

So which City are you a fan of?

PS have just discussed this topic with the missus who knows sweet FA about football, her reply. . . .don't people realise the higher you go, the harder it gets, have they not heard of Icarus? Not so daft, my wife, apart from marrying me that is.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Rumour has it we've been linked with £10m rated Alex Kral. A DM, which if true means we won't be spending big bucks on a CH or striker, or any other position for that matter.