Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Onel reaction to the game 🏆

Refreshing. He doesn’t talk like other pro footballers with their media trained cliches. I like it a lot. The man just says it how he sees it - have a watch ⬇️

• Like 2

A team full of Onel's attitude is what we need right now. Great interview, hopefully his words can inspire a few more in the dressing room. 

Great to see him back, could mark a turning point for our season, not only through what he brings with his own game but also what he brings out in others. I always think Emi plays better when Onel is in the side.

Also of course introduces a bit more competition for places which has been lacking and is crucial to the performance of any squad.

Top top lad. I'm also fantastically impressed by how quickly he recovered from his injury and his determination to get back in the team.

Great attitude and one which should be spreading across the team. Too many lightweights at the moment. 

Shining star yesterday.

Would love to play with someone in a similar mould on the opposite side and push Emi into the 10.

Onel isnt the most techniclly skillfull player but his drive, pace and directness scares the life out of defenders.

Looked very positive when he came on yesterday but do feel he was a bit too pumped up for it, seemed to suffer with tunnel vision and was too excitable when perhaps some more composure would've paid dividends. I didn't see any of that in the Bournemouth game where I thought he looked really dangerous and purposeful, so perhaps it was the occasion - his first home performance of the season after all. When he got his head up and used a bit of patience he was incisive and he certainly offers something completely different, I'm sure we will see him start in the next game.

I think him being a bit too pumped up also explains his celebration when he scored... not sure why else he'd give the united fans stick with a rather meaningless goal?! A bit cringe but the passion is clearly there!

20 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

He was brilliant yesterday and made an obvious difference from the second he came on. Long may his fitness continue.

This is what we have been lacking with all the injuries - players to come on that can make a difference. Imo the two players who appeared most as subs and who did make that difference last season were Onel and Vrancic - and we have really missed that. 

Emi and Todd have had more load to bear so far, probably more than they would have done if every one had been fit and they have struggled a bit with that.  However, things will change and improve through the season and we will get stronger and stronger.

9 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think him being a bit too pumped up also explains his celebration when he scored... not sure why else he'd give the united fans stick with a rather meaningless goal?! A bit cringe but the passion is clearly there!

He mentioned that he "didn't really want to celebrate as we were three goals down"...

I think his excitment was more at the fact he is now the first Cuban to score in the Prem.