Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

If we actually had our CBs fit...

I think we would have seen Farkes plan B in a lot more games this season.

Max struggling defensively but looking good offensively - I think right now having 3 at the back with wing backs would suit our squad and those who are / aren't adapting so quickly to the prem.

• Like 1

I think with the defenders we have, a back three probably suits them more than a four. Our full backs are all better going forward than they are defensively (except maybe Lewis) and both Godfrey and Amadou (counting him as a defender) are players who like to step out of the defence and would benefit from an extra man covering them- and also neither of them are 'natural' centre backs and could do with a bit of extra protection.

The problem is that we just don't have any other centre backs available.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Farke has a Plan B?

Yes, because we saw it plenty times when we ran away with the championship title.

Let me guess, you've already forgotten that?

• Like 3

Plan B seemed to be bringing on Stiepermann who didn't to particularly well in Plan A. Losing faith with the injuries excuse now. Today we had more or less a full strength starting line up and 1st half we were rubbish.

Edited by Capt. Pants

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Do you want Farke out again ala last year ?

I'm guessing so. If only these lot had got their way last time? We wouldn't even have to worry about VAR....instead we could be working out how to beat Preston on a Tuesday night.

• Like 1

At the moment it looks like we’re just not good enough . A win will change that school of thought but I don’t know when we see one soon  . 

Would be nice to see Amadou in his best position and Vrancic as an option on the bench. But a lot of our offensive weapons are being shown up.

Could play this if Amadou doesn't make it for the next game.....

RCB  Byram

CB  Godfrey

LCB  Lewis

RWB  Aarons 

LWB  Hernandez 

Edited by HB1989

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I think we would have seen Farkes plan B in a lot more games this season.

Max struggling defensively but looking good offensively - I think right now having 3 at the back with wing backs would suit our squad and those who are / aren't adapting so quickly to the prem.

Whilst you are not wrong hogesar, and I'd liked to have seen that system (Aarons and Lewis both perfect for that wing back position, and Heise probably more of a wing back than a full back) he has to do the best with the the hand that he has been dealt and I do feel that there are a few other things he could try.

Drmic for example has been rewarded for his goal, our only goal in 6 or 7 games now, with retention of his place on the bench, and Buendia is a number 10 by trade... the players that we have played in that position so far this season have been woefully inadequate and I'd quite like to see what he can do in that position and how it could benefit Pukki.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. 

7 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

They took our pants down......and they did it with ease.....

Barely had to break sweat. Had it not been for Krul it would have been complete and utter humiliation.

I'm guessing you're correct on that, will be interesting to see if he goes for it when Zimmerman's back.

If we do want to play a back 3 regularly though we should have signed another central defender in the summer.

When you look at the squad  I can only see 2 or 3 players who are up to playing in the premiership  one of those is krul who I must admit I would not have thought would be.when you think about the players out klose and hanley were struggling to get into the first team last season zimmerman is the most missed .We really need to sign a CB and possibly another striker in January.