Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthington enqiring about Dele Adebola and Bret Ormorod

A source close to the club whom previously divolged information about the marney transfer has confirmed that NW has enquired about bringing Dele Adebola and Brwett Ormerod to the club. Nigel had previously worked with Ormerod at Blackpool and apparantly greatly admires him as a player.

I''d be concerned if OhMyRod is a great admirer of Worthington. He would be in the team like many other "yes boys" that plaque the team.

This doesn''t surprise me; they''re both the kind of players whom we''d expect Worthless to sign.

No doubt Kevin Lisbie and Johansson follow next.

What''s wrong with going for Freddy Eastwood?

This is my my first post on the site & as much as I hate to agree if correct these are not the kind of players we need is he trying to make us into a league 2 side. Both are struggling - we need quality not mediocrity - Calum Davenport has to come back, Jason Euell may be worth a look on loan Lisbie we didn''t see the best of. Johansson you never know he''s certaintly better then the two mentioned, McSheffrey would be good capture. Eastwood may be inexperienced.[^o)]

Jason Jarrett & Peter Thorne have to go though - worthless aquisitions.[8-|]

Don''t Talk Too Soon...Newsnow...

Coventry City - Adebola set for surprise departure?
24 Jan 2006 13:47

Coventry City’s out of favour striker Dele Adebola could be set for a shock move before the end of the month.
The veteran goal getter has been a peripheral member of the Sky Blues squad, providing cover for established front men such as Gary McSheffrey.
However, with Coventry’s current financial woes, they are not yet in a position to offer Cox an early release from his contract. The former Gillingham, Bolton, Millwall, Bradford, Wolves, Cardiff, and Wimbledon’s star''s current deal expires this summer, and he is keen to secure his future.
Norwich manager Nigel Worthington is believed to have offered Adebola a contract beyond this summer, and two Conference clubs are thought to have shown interest

This gets worse.

Ormerods never done antyhing at a highish level and adebolas ia a has been. It says it akll if it is us and 2 conference sides after adebola, What is nigel thinking. We have 5 million and perhaps Green money and we are looking too sign these 2

How pathetic.

As part of the Sheringham posse I couldn''t agree more - what do the board think of this, competing for ageing strikers with CONFERENCE CLUBS!! Prudence with ambition - you''re ''aving a laugh!

I had assumed that this was some sort of sick joke.  God help us is this is true.

Can''t say I''d be all together surprised, just the sort of average journey man types that we seem to go after.

[quote user="Meeky"]

Don''t Talk Too Soon...Newsnow...

Coventry City - Adebola set for surprise departure?
24 Jan 2006 13:47

Coventry City’s out of favour striker Dele Adebola could be set for a shock move before the end of the month.
The veteran goal getter has been a peripheral member of the Sky Blues squad, providing cover for established front men such as Gary McSheffrey.
However, with Coventry’s current financial woes, they are not yet in a position to offer Cox an early release from his contract. The former Gillingham, Bolton, Millwall, Bradford, Wolves, Cardiff, and Wimbledon’s star''s current deal expires this summer, and he is keen to secure his future.
Norwich manager Nigel Worthington is believed to have offered Adebola a contract beyond this summer, and two Conference clubs are thought to have shown interest

[/quote]

[:)] Hey meeky how ya doing, no new players i see, were gonna have to pay SILLY money for Halford (how words can come back to haunt you eh!!) and stupider money for Jerome by all accounts - if he wants to come that is.

AS for this article lol  First off, who is ''Cox'' and why is he mentioned, and Adebola didn''t play for all those clubs listed!!  He better not play for us!!!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]A source close to the club whom previously divolged information about the marney transfer has confirmed that NW has enquired about bringing Dele Adebola and Brwett Ormerod to the club. Nigel had previously worked with Ormerod at Blackpool and apparantly greatly admires him as a player.[/quote]

NURSE!.

Dearsweet God, this can''t be true can it?.

Bring back Elvis and Laurie Sheffield!.

Conference here we come.

Please tell me this is a joke, about us competing with Conference clubs for players?

Actually, on second thoughts, it does sound like Norwich at this moment in time...what sort of joke club have we become?[^o)]

Whinge whinge whinge.

Surely we know not to trust idle speculation by now?

Even then, Ormerod is easily as good as McKenzie is and just what we need - pace, aggression and EFFORT.

I think Worthington''s scouting is a joke.

We seem to repeatedly just end up looking at players who happened to play well last time against us.

Adebola had a good 1st half at the Ricoh, I seem to recall...Never mind the rest of his career

[quote user="breaker"]As part of the Sheringham posse I couldn''t agree more - what do the board think of this, competing for ageing strikers with CONFERENCE CLUBS!! Prudence with ambition - you''re ''aving a laugh![/quote]

I apologise for going off message but the ''Sheringham posse''? What next the East Runton massive!

Just what I was thinking, Huck tastic. It seems Worthington''s philosophy is if they have a good game against us/score against us, "sign them up!" Like you said, Adebola has played well against us and scored on the opening day. Then there''s Carl Robinson who has scored against us on a few occasions IIRC. Brennan had a good game against us including a goal just before he signed. And even Peter Thorne scored against us in the 4-1 defeat of Cardiff at Carrow Road a few years ago. And I''m sure there must be more. So yeah, scrap the scouts, we don''t need them, as Worthy does all his scouting watching the opposition in games [^o)]

What I find funniest about this thread is the fact not a single person has questioned the original poster (a habitual stirrer incidentally) as to the reliability of his source.If I told you the sky was falling down tomorrow, you''d likely believe me.

[quote user="petiepots"]I think what says it all that he''s wanted by two conference clubs!!!!!!![/quote]

haha, made me laugh

"nigel worthington and two conference clubs..."

says it all really... go back to school worthy...