Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

As i've said for the last 20 years

Recommended Posts

And not once in those 20 years did you realise a club like ours is always going to flit between the two top divisions? Amazing 

Edited by kirku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, I like Delia and Michael and I like the way they run the club.

However, I do get a bit annoyed when people talk about us doing it the "right" way.

The 'right' way is a pretty objective term to be used so subjectively.  The "right" way could also feasibly be Man City "spend zillions, win title" as well couldn't it?  I certainly don't view "we only spent 1.5 million on transfers fee" as some form of twisted badge of honour.  Frankly, it makes us look a bit tinpot.  However, it is what it is.  No point whining about it.

Just as an aside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

You can't survive in the premier league with tin pot owners. Thank you and goodnight. 

Agree with you ,we need to move with the times trying to survive with a championship team is ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

Firstly, I like Delia and Michael and I like the way they run the club.

However, I do get a bit annoyed when people talk about us doing it the "right" way.

The 'right' way is a pretty objective term to be used so subjectively.  The "right" way could also feasibly be Man City "spend zillions, win title" as well couldn't it?  I certainly don't view "we only spent 1.5 million on transfers fee" as some form of twisted badge of honour.  Frankly, it makes us look a bit tinpot.  However, it is what it is.  No point whining about it.

Just as an aside...

That's not the point, we bought in the players we needed and rewarded the players who got us in the Premier League.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

You can't survive in the premier league with tin pot owners. Thank you and goodnight. 

Ever here when we win, Tin Pott?

And the answer to that is why this **** should be banned once Pete has looked at his or her post history. There’s a difference between a genuine frustrated supporter venting, and someone that 110% categorically revels in it and is here only to bring the mood of the loyal NCFC supporter down. And that isn’t helpful for our club.

I’ve seen true NCFC supporters banned from here on many occasion, yet this w⚓️ is allowed to carry on? Ridiculous.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of clubs outside the Premier League with massively wealthy owners, Master Keith.

Using your logic, Stoke would be up there and thriving. Coates being a billionaire. Whilst the combined net wealth of the Rotherham owners is around six times that of ours.

So they're hardly "tinpot owners" -but their club will never play in the Premier League. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commentators continue to use the word ‘naive’ when describing our play. It is certainly starting to look naive to only spend the money we did and not improve the starting 11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex Moss said:

Ever here when we win, Tin Pott?

And the answer to that is why this **** should be banned once Pete has looked at his or her post history. There’s a difference between a genuine frustrated supporter venting, and someone that 110% categorically revels in it and is here only to bring the mood of the loyal NCFC supporter down. And that isn’t helpful for our club.

I’ve seen true NCFC supporters banned from here on many occasion, yet this w⚓️ is allowed to carry on? Ridiculous.

You should see the match thread. Problem is 10 years without beating us and being consigned to league 1 has left a lot of pent up emotions down the road and they'll take every chance they can get. If you told me 12 months ago that would come in match threads where we lose at home to United on weekends when they're travelling to Southend I'd have bit your arm off 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A Load of Squit said:

That's not the point, we bought in the players we needed and rewarded the players who got us in the Premier League.

 

I'm not sure which point you're disagreeing with in my post, but as it stands, it certainly doesn't look like we brought in the players we "needed" as we at risk of being marooned in the relegation zone.  Sure injuries played their part to an unlikely degree, but tough luck for us.

Rewarding players is great.  It's also what promotion bonuses are for in existing contracts though.  

I'll still be right behind Farke & Webber even if we are relegated, but it doesn't mean I have to be blind to any potential failings in the meantime.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThorpeCanary said:

You should see the match thread. Problem is 10 years without beating us and being consigned to league 1 has left a lot of pent up emotions down the road and they'll take every chance they can get. If you told me 12 months ago that would come in match threads where we lose at home to United on weekends when they're travelling to Southend I'd have bit your arm off 😂

Let’s not forget getting done by Accrington f***ing Stanley - the thought of this cheers me up no end 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Orly said:

I'll still be right behind Farke & Webber even if we are relegated, but it doesn't mean I have to be blind to any potential failings in the meantime.

Agreed. Like every other human they won't get it right all the time. Perhaps it was felt that any money that would have been spent wouldn't have improved the team enough to be warranted and seeing where improvements are needed in January was preferred. Injuries have now meant that has not turned out to be the case.

For as long as we have a team giving it their all and playing for the manager I'll be 100% behind them all no matter where we finish this season. I think Uniteds poor form can cause expectations to rise a little too high and forget the calibre of players they are still able to put out against us. 3-1 loss but fighting till the end and while injuries are not the sole cause of our frustrations they are still there and as with Onel we can be optimistic for our key players return.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been said before, supporters are going to need intestinal fortitude this season as we are going to find it tough going. Suggesting we are down in October is not showing that fortitude. 

We all know there is stuff to work on but you can only trust the management and players to get better and those who are injured to make a difference when they return. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

As has been said before, supporters are going to need intestinal fortitude this season as we are going to find it tough going. Suggesting we are down in October is not showing that fortitude. 

We all know there is stuff to work on but you can only trust the management and players to get better and those who are injured to make a difference when they return. 

Agree. What did people actually expect. Toughen up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Orly said:

I'm not sure which point you're disagreeing with in my post, but as it stands, it certainly doesn't look like we brought in the players we "needed" as we at risk of being marooned in the relegation zone. 

In August most posters were saying that we covered the positions that we were short in, right back, striker, DM etc. Just because we managed to do it via free transfers and loans and not spending a lot of money does not mean it was the wrong thing to do.

We are not being marooned in the relegation zone, have a look at the table.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell this forum is like clockwork.

Win against Man City and these posters dont have the courage in their own opinions to mention the owners but wait for any loss and here they come!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"As i've said for the last 20 years"

 

and stil........Nobody lstens to you ......sssshhhhhhhhh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

In August most posters were saying that we covered the positions that we were short in, right back, striker, DM etc. Just because we managed to do it via free transfers and loans and not spending a lot of money does not mean it was the wrong thing to do.

We are not being marooned in the relegation zone, have a look at the table.

 

That's fair enough.  Although I didn't say that we 'were marooned', but that we were at risk of it, which I would argue we are.

And also, the only time we can conclusively judge what the right / wrong thing to do is once safety or relegation is confirmed, and even then it's still only hypothetical.  I'm feeling annoyingly-philosophical today.  I'll think I'll go and correct that by drinking 4 pints of stella and calling someone bigger than me a sl*g.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought but if no-one replied to his silly threads they would just drift down & disappear quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diane said:

Just a thought but if no-one replied to his silly threads they would just drift down & disappear quickly 

But you've just bumped it up.......

Doh!  

 

animated-dance-smiley-image-0024
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

You can't survive in the premier league with tin pot owners. Thank you and goodnight. 

oh look, it's Keith

and at 1.00 min this one seems to have it's own thoughts on what Keith should do :classic_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ifJCGXZic

Edited by Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Bumpity bump bump. And goodnight. 

You really are a hopeless pr*ck of a human being, aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...