Making Plans

Today's Match Thread

They looked horrendous that first 20 mins, cantwell tries to put his foot on the ball on the penalty spot and its 1-0. Then Amadou again exposed as a mid playing defence for 2-0 but apart from that he has played well. Cantwell should have tested the keeper on that chance at 0-0. We can get something from this but needs changing.

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Cantwell I think faltters to deceive.

He's having a nightmare but at least he's broken a sweat, don't think we can say the same about the most over rated player in our history. 

Getting hammered by the worst Man Utd side in 30 plus years. You would like to think Farke will change things up at half time but he never, ever does. Cantwell having yet another shocker. No doubt he will re emerge at half time. And be in the starting 11 for the next league game. Weak management. 

WOW another poor display so far- we starting to slip away from the others above us -soon going to take a momentous effort if we going to survive this league

It’s been said all season that VAR is only there to overturn a clear and obvious error from the referee. I’d like them to come out and explain how that first penalty was a clear and obvious error? It’s simply bias and would never have came to that decision at the other end. in fact I think our player would have been booked for diving! Unfortunately though we are simply not good enough for this league and without significant investment in January if we are still in touch with the pack we will be going down. 

• Like 1

Seems we have an excellent keeper but awful defence at this level Yet we knew this from shipping in 58 goals last season

That was as bad as it can get. Leaving aside the joke that is VAR, we are playing dreadfully. As open as the defence is, the midfield are giving them no help as the ball just keeps coming back. DF surely has to see that zonal marking might be just about passable in the Championship but against better teams, it is an accident waiting to happen. I cannot stand a season of us getting embarrassed, I didn't really expect us to stay up but thoughtthere was achance as the bottom half seem to be beating each other. But do not want to see us caned week in week out.

Hernandez and Stieperrmann on for Todd and either Leitner or MacLean

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JF said:

It’s been said all season that VAR is only there to overturn a clear and obvious error from the referee. I’d like them to come out and explain how that first penalty was a clear and obvious error? It’s simply bias and would never have came to that decision at the other end. in fact I think our player would have been booked for diving! Unfortunately though we are simply not good enough for this league and without significant investment in January if we are still in touch with the pack we will be going down. 

Dont understand how thats a clear and obvious error or a penalty. James has lent his wait into godfrey pushing him away from the ball - hence he doesnt touch the ball - but its James' own momentum that takes him down. Ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

Lets be right, Daniel James fouled Ben if anything,

James initiated contact.

Referee had clear vision and saw it as such.

Clear? Obvious?

No reason for VAR to be involved.

Such a difficult watch, apparently we have 3 £30/£40/£50 Million defenders, save two penalties yet still cant stop leaking goals.

• Thanks 1

Utd are a pretty poor side, but we are worse, simple as that. Easy win for them, nothing changes - sack the cook and her cronies!

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Dont understand how thats a clear and obvious error or a penalty. James has lent his wait into godfrey pushing him away from the ball - hence he doesnt touch the ball - but its James' own momentum that takes him down. Ridiculous.

It's simply bias. VAR can work but only with impartiality.

Steady on, everyone. 

We have been poor 1st half but thanks to Tim Krull it is still 2 - 0 and the game isn't over. 

Farke has a good history of sorting things out at half time and we can improve whereas Man Utd are nothing special. We have made them look good. 

Farke needs to make a rare half time sub and restart with Stiepermann for lightweight Leitner who is starting to prove why he couldn't step up to the highest level. 

• Like 1

Subs made. 

I've got a horrible feeling Godfrey will get a second yellow after that joke first. 

18 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Getting hammered by the worst Man Utd side in 30 plus years. You would like to think Farke will change things up at half time but he never, ever does. Cantwell having yet another shocker. No doubt he will re emerge at half time. And be in the starting 11 for the next league game. Weak management. 

Official confirmation from Daniel Farke himself that Keith Scott talks out of his ****. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why are we wearing black arm bands?

Duncan Forbes I imagine

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

What price a Stiepermann piledriver? 

Maybe a Tettey Thunder B***tard ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1