Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Bring a pound to the ground..

Hi Nutty unfortunately cannot get to the game but will send you a tenner via PayPal to add to the pot. 👍💚💛

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Thank you Indy. Your tenner will go straight in my bucket first thing👍🙏

Should be with you. Good luck tomorrow matey.

11 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Will there be other collection areas around the ground NN?

There sure will be. There's a huge team on duty all over 👍

Good cause. Glad it went well. Interesting that the club is match funding up to £500k which is probably about the same amount raised through the membership schemes which we were told were needed because we need every penny we can get towards the playing budget! 

In which case if you paid membership and donated then you are doubly appreciated...

You could bring that up at the AGM Jimbo. Probably in-between the luke warm sausage rolls and the good cardinal painting his picture.

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Good cause. Glad it went well. Interesting that the club is match funding up to £500k which is probably about the same amount raised through the membership schemes which we were told were needed because we need every penny we can get towards the playing budget! 

Is matching what pound to the ground earns a cost the club makes every year. If so it's not really where the money from the membership scheme is going.

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Just a point of order here Jim but i seem to recollect that the money grabbing membership scheme was to maximise revenue generally and not specifically to go to the playing budget.

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a point of order here Jim but i seem to recollect that the money grabbing membership scheme was to maximise revenue generally and not specifically to go to the playing budget.

Fair cop Til. I can't recall the precise words used although they certainly didn't say it was to allow the club to make a donation towards the CSF did they at the time nor at the supporters meetings! That said if they can afford to be donating £500K to the CSF (which as I've said is a good cause) then it rather blows a hole in the argument that they "had" to implement the membership scheme to make up for lost revenues.