Bill

News from the farmyard

A second 2-0 defeat saw our impoverished neighbours lose top spot - in front of over 20,000.

A quid admission for under 19's boosted the numbers, but to no benefit as most will have left wondering if this was a taste of things to come

93abe72abe8318bee663e9387d2ee359.jpg

Just now, lake district canary said:

Rotherham are a decent outfit.  Looks as if they could have won by 4 or 5.

sutprised Carlton Morris was only a sub (84 min), not sure if his future ill be with us

R'ham are a big team - something that was one of the causes of the binners being skittled out at Accrington

2 hours ago, Bill said:

sutprised Carlton Morris was only a sub (84 min), not sure if his future ill be with us

R'ham are a big team - something that was one of the causes of the binners being skittled out at Accrington

No, no, no. The Binners are the BIG TEAM in that division. Lambert said so.

• Haha 1

"Over 20, 000?" That's impressive and equates with our own achievement of an average 24, 500 whilst in that league considering the relative size of the two club's potential fan base.

Discounts would have helped, but they still turned out in good numbers for a Wednesday night fixture against Rotherham.

There can't be much else to do in Ipswich on a Wednesday night then.

Saturday is against Sol Campbell's woeful Southend at Rootes Hall. It is Campbell's first fixture since becoming manager there so let's hope for a new manager bounce of some sort. Sol has the reputation and pedigree to achieve something there I feel.

A bad result for the binners will mean three poor shows in a row. A more realistic home gate will surely follow for the following home fixture. Those blue plastics wouldn't be able to  withstand overmuch use these days though so it might be for the best.

Nice to see Lambert's halo slipping. I still think he'll end up as Scotland's manager sooner rather than later. He's the type they tend to employ and Clarke seems on thin ice already.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

He's just not that good unfortunately. I think League One may well be his level.

I was curious to see what would happen when they eventually lost a game, they've had a good run and these sorts of results are inevitable in football, but if they want to get out of the league they need to start putting results together again, its a dog fight in that top 10. Whats likely though is, with similar players and the same manager to last season, that loosing feeling can start to set in and you'll see a slide. 

Personally I think they will make the play-offs, what they do with that is anyones guess and I couldn't give a monkeys if they go up... provided they don't win the league! That way we can have the bragging rights, they always mocked that achievement but its puts the pressure on that if they don't win the league on the first time of asking then they have once again found themselves second to our achievement. Perfect.

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Over 20, 000?" That's impressive and equates with our own achievement of an average 24, 500 whilst in that league considering the relative size of the two club's potential fan base.

Discounts would have helped, but they still turned out in good numbers for a Wednesday night fixture against Rotherham.

There can't be much else to do in Ipswich on a Wednesday night then.

Saturday is against Sol Campbell's woeful Southend at Rootes Hall. It is Campbell's first fixture since becoming manager there so let's hope for a new manager bounce of some sort. Sol has the reputation and pedigree to achieve something there I feel.

A bad result for the binners will mean three poor shows in a row. A more realistic home gate will surely follow for the following home fixture. Those blue plastics wouldn't be able to  withstand overmuch use these days though so it might be for the best.

Nice to see Lambert's halo slipping. I still think he'll end up as Scotland's manager sooner rather than later. He's the type they tend to employ and Clarke seems on thin ice already.

Really? Struggling to 20k by giving seats away for a quid equates to selling out every home seat often weeks in advance (the under capacity gates were due to pathetic away followings)? As someone who is largely based abroad now I know how difficult home tickets were to come by in that season. For the Swindon game I had to sit in the away end as there literally wasn't a single seat in the place even just before kickoff (there are usually a few returns).

The fact is nobody knows what crowds we could have got in that season, but I think it's a fair bet we'd have beaten the 28k average Man.City achieved which would have given us the biggest support in League One for decades.

and that result reduces them to 3rd placed East Anglian club as well or arguably 4th if you count Luton

Edited by andy cousins

2 hours ago, andy cousins said:

and that result reduces them to 3rd placed East Anglian club as well or arguably 4th if you count Luton

Of course we count Luton😉

• Like 1

I feel compelled to offer my comment and opinion as I WAS THERE......

Attended as an away fan with three exiled Yorkshiremen.... As a four we made up 2% of the away fans.

Home team were truly dire... no plan, no class. Completely monstered by a resolute Rotherham team. Outsung and out cheered the home support... emptying from the 75th minute.

Far, far worse than our brief soujorn in the division.

AND... £27 for an adult away fan... robbery on behalf of Mr Evans.

Nothing to worry the sons and daughters of Norfolk.

• Like 4