Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hughes more a legend than Ashton!

Okay, the wiz is going to get turned over again, but give me Andy Hughes in place of Ashton any day, He''s far more a legend (or will be) than ''give me the money Ashton''.

Why?.

Simple.

Andy wants to be here!, and will run through a brick wall (nearly has already!) for City. He seems to love our club, and always has time for the fans, I''ve read your comments after I''ve seen him play, and IMO you''ve been very unfair.

So just so you know.

I LIKE ANDY HUGHES OKAY?.

depends what your criteria for legend status is.

a good debut season in the premiership undermined by 5 months of sulking in the premiership

or

the undisputable effort and commitment of Hughes who alas still isn''t good enough. He''s done a good job of ingratiating himself with the fans but he''s yet to prove himself on the pitch.

What''s best :- 100% effort from a 70% player or 70% effort from a 100% player.

And why worship Ashton and deride Francis just because he had an outpsoken agent?

In fact, despite falling short of the quality required in the Premiership, I think for his service to the club and his performances prior to 2004/2005 that the unfairly pilloried Gary Holt would have a better claim to legend status for those without amnesia !

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

depends what your criteria for legend status is.

a good debut season in the premiership undermined by 5 months of sulking in the premiership

or

the undisputable effort and commitment of Hughes who alas still isn''t good enough. He''s done a good job of ingratiating himself with the fans but he''s yet to prove himself on the pitch.

What''s best :- 100% effort from a 70% player or 70% effort from a 100% player.

And why worship Ashton and deride Francis just because he had an outpsoken agent?

In fact, despite falling short of the quality required in the Premiership, I think for his service to the club and his performances prior to 2004/2005 that the unfairly pilloried Gary Holt would have a better claim to legend status for those without amnesia !

[/quote]

I for one was disgusted at the abuse Gary Holt got.   He was never good enough for the premiership, but it was worthy whom persisted in picking him.  Holty had done a fantastic job for us for many a season, the abuse fleming got?!?!?!?!?. Again i could not beleive the abuse he got.

I must admit tho it was the only way worthy realised he was not on form!!  The same with holty, if he hadnt been abused worthy would have stuck with him all season!!!

Unfortunatly for Etuhu, JJ, Hughes and co they have not been here for long and peoples anger that should be directed at Worthy is directed at them, hell i am guilty of this too this time.

The Atmosphere at Carrow Road is now appalling EVERY game!!  there is a lack of enthuisiasm, no spark, the fans are discontent, even the usual cheers for the players at the beginning of the match were low.....  SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE

Fair points Wiz, I''d agree with that to an extent.

I admire Hughes'' drive commitment, energy etc etc, but I don''t think he''s a good player and I''m not the only one who thinks that as well.

Oh, can you blame Ashton for leaving? for me, Deano will always be a legend and has done a lot more to gain legendary status than Andy Hughes probably ever will.

I would say that one of the reasons deano left was because of all the crap written on message boards like this one, about him and all the other players at the club, by all of you very fickle (love the good times, never liked worthy) fans. I don''t blame him.

Good luck Deano!!

Blimey Paul, something approaching a fair and balanced post. With some self awareness thrown in for good measure!

The midfield signings have been victims of the fans frustrations, no doubt about that, and it

makes for a difficult environment for them to come in to.

A lot of what has gone on here recently is the result of frustrations

and we''re all guilty of it to a certain extent. Despite being prepared for the Ashton sale,

and the fact that we got a good deal, seeing this picture on the bbc site still makes me feel slightly sick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/photo_galleries/4641074.stm

A but like seeing an ex girlffriend with

another bloke!!

Hughes might care, but caring and clapping doesn''t win you football

matches. Perhaps if we had some talented sulkers in midfield we''d be

higher in the league and Ashton would still be here.

[quote user="a1canary"]Blimey Paul, something approaching a fair and balanced post. With some self awareness thrown in for good measure!

The midfield signings have been victims of the fans frustrations, no doubt about that, and it makes for a difficult environment for them to come in to.

A lot of what has gone on here recently is the result of frustrations and we''re all guilty of it to a certain extent. Despite being prepared for the Ashton sale, and the fact that we got a good deal, seeing this picture on the bbc site still makes me feel slightly sick.

A but like seeing an ex girlffriend with another bloke!!

[/quote]

spot on , horrible isn''t it

[quote user="a1canary"]Blimey Paul, something approaching a fair and balanced post. With some self awareness thrown in for good measure!

The midfield signings have been victims of the fans frustrations, no doubt about that, and it makes for a difficult environment for them to come in to.

A lot of what has gone on here recently is the result of frustrations and we''re all guilty of it to a certain extent. Despite being prepared for the Ashton sale, and the fact that we got a good deal, seeing this picture on the bbc site still makes me feel slightly sick.

A but like seeing an ex girlffriend with another bloke!!

[/quote]

I watched the game last night, I couldnt beleive how gutted I felt seeing him introduced to the crowd - i was disconsalate.  I just thought where the hell have we gone so wrong that the bloody hammers now have our best player.... frikking west ham... It was sickening

Ashton did a lot for this club too. He stayed to try and get us promoted but could see we werent going anywhere so decided to go elsewhere. Hughes would do the same, the difference is that Hughes is rubbish

make that ''a bit like'' rather than a ''but'' like!

i keep trying to think about the everton situation after rooney left.

he was one of their homegrown kids, unlike deano, so it must have been

especially hard for toffee fans but look what they achieved after he

left. (this season not withstanding!)

West Ham will only have him for a season or two before he''s off to bigger and better things anyway.

And who can blame him, I frequently change jobs to get a better deal/work in a better environment, would you be any different if you were a footballer?

The crux of the matter is that if we''d had a decent squad to back him up and were challenging for promotion he wouldn''t have gone so soon.

"Hopefuly West Ham can make the best of my ability"

Anyone notice that qoute from Deano at the Press Conference Monday night?  I assume he means playing the ball to his feet sometimes rather than at head height to him all the time.  A message to Worthy maybe?

I can fully understand why Deano wanted to leave, we just can''t match his ambition.  I am sure he would have stayed had we looked like getting automatic promotion but we aren''t, so to stay with City meant at least another 1 and half seasons in Championship.

It''s a good deal for everyone.  Ashton plays in the Premiership.  Crewe get some cash.  We make a good profit on the championships 5th highest goalscorer and West Ham get a good player.

I like Andy Hughes, he is good for the club and would love to see him play right back.

Wiz - neither will ever nor ever have been legends for city;  Deano could have been but the failure of the club to compete at the right level has seen his inevitable departure - I can''t begrudge him that.   The time for player loyalty has long gone - even the fake loyalty of ''legends'' Iwan and Malky are tainted by one concocting tales of clubs interest to ensure bigger contract renewals each time and the other unable to accept a squad place when worthy rightly told him we would not be first choice defender in the prem; neither is the action becoming of a loyal legend. 

No amount of hard running or fan clapping can compensate for a touch of class or even a modicum of ability  - otherwise city may as well pick a team of any 11 posters on this board to play in yellow each sat, for, however much effort Hughes puts in, we would all given even more as we truly are yellow and green through and through; hughes has a mock affinity for his employers (he did the same at Reading) rather than a true bonding. 

Admittedly we wouldnt perform much worse than Hughes [:D] so saving the club a fortune but that another issue.