Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

THE BIG CLEAR OUT

Forget who''s coming in for a second, this threads for whom we all

consider to be the dead wood in need of cutting away over the summer.

I''ll start with my list, which comprises of not good enough, too old to

build a team for the future with and injury prone players (and one who

just never ever gets used):

Hughes, Thorne, Brennan, Gallacher, Charlton, Flemming, Henderson, Louis-Jean.

And that''s being generous as I''m prepared to give Etuhu (needs to run

more), Jarrett (better signs at the weekend) and Robinson (why no-one

spend money on him before?) more time. Not much of a squad left is

there?

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Forget who''s coming in for a second, this threads for whom we all consider to be the dead wood in need of cutting away over the summer. I''ll start with my list, which comprises of not good enough, too old to build a team for the future with and injury prone players (and one who just never ever gets used):

And that''s being generous as I''m prepared to give Etuhu (needs to run more), Jarrett (better signs at the weekend) and Robinson (why no-one spend money on him before?) more time. Not much of a squad left is there?
[/quote]

Looks like Hucks is filling 8 of the starting slots then...

I agree with most except Brennan,he''s a good back up for Drury.From what Ive heard from people in Snotland is that Gallacher is very good,but if we''re keeping Green it doesnt matter.Hughes is top priority for an exit.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Forget who''s coming in for a second, this threads for whom we all

consider to be the dead wood in need of cutting away over the summer.

I''ll start with my list, which comprises of not good enough, too old to

build a team for the future with and injury prone players (and one who

just never ever gets used):

And that''s being generous as I''m prepared to give Etuhu (needs to run

more), Jarrett (better signs at the weekend) and Robinson (why no-one

spend money on him before?) more time. Not much of a squad left is

there?[/quote]Maybe I am missing something here, but surely Gallacher (sic) left the club some time ago....?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Fleming will be here next year, it''s his testimonial.[/quote]

Fleming will be here next year, he''s one of Nigel''s testicles!....... ;~)

Don''t forget at least 6 players out of contract this summer, none who merit a new contract except WLY who would not sign for Worthy after treatment received and courted by a number of clubs will have no trouble getting a new club.  If you think we have a small, poor quality squad this year wait for Worthys free transfers/loans next year and see what gems he gets on his shoestring.

We have a small squad and simply cannot continue to over rotate the playing stock that much. We do need to reinforce this squad with better quality first teamers rather than having to replace so many players and then get in quality too - we simply do not have that sort of budget, even if we sell Greeno too. 

The likes of Flem, Hughes and Hendo are decent squad players -  its just they are currently first teamers and that is where we are going wrong in my opinion.

Of the current squad I would only lose Brennan, Gallagher and Charlie, who I think is a useful player to have but would not renew his contract.   

Oi Gunns How can you say Brennan is worth keeping. He has done nothing at this club and was a disgrace against Preston when he had only played a small amount over the christmas period

If a new man came in I would give every player a fresh chance, even Brennan, to show what they can do.  we need a squad and a lot depends on how much players wages are.  I feel Charlie, JJ and Gallagher may be on too much cash to keep.

Flem, Hughes and Hendo are excellent squad players, but not good first teamers