Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Bournemouth*****

I so wish Buendia would start putting some effort in. Only match he has been playing with good attitude and work effort so far this season has been against Man City. In that match he showed he is capable in top level, but it starts to more and more feel like he is having attitude problem.

He could be one to make the difference still. 

Tettey has been really good!

• Like 1

What an odd game. All semblance of confidence seems to have left Emi & Todd, which has led to poor control, positioning, decision making ... well everything really. 

But Bounemouth have looked pretty toothless, thank God. But... Krul pulled off a terrific block in the 21st min., he's such a presence at the back & Alex ... he blocked a cross & gave away a corner early on. Bit clumsy Alex, I thought; then they replayed it & realised he did really well to get there, & it was exactly the sort of position we'd been giving away goals from. After that he snapped in with some lovely tackles that turned play over (he nearly played us into trouble once though) &, like Tim, it's his overall presence that's so crucial.

Let's hope we can press on - but I'd settle for 0-0!

12 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Last on MOTD as things stand!

If that’s the price of an away point with our current problems, I’ll happily pay it.

• Like 1

A bit toothless so far but hard to complain with a clean sheet at half-time away from home. Bench might be the key today. Perhaps Marco, Onel & Drmic might give them something to think about from 70 mins.  Fingers crossed for no fresh injury worries too. 

2 minutes ago, hepphep said:

I so wish Buendia would start putting some effort in. Only match he has been playing with good attitude and work effort so far this season has been against Man City. In that match he showed he is capable in top level, but it starts to more and more feel like he is having attitude problem.

He could be one to make the difference still. 

Tettey has been really good!

How on earth have you concluded its an attitude problem? 

Perhaps he's just not as good as you thought. 

1 minute ago, Notice said:

How on earth have you concluded its an attitude problem? 

Perhaps he's just not as good as you thought. 

Just watch him what he does 80% of times when he loses ball. He just dont try to fight back like last year

2 minutes ago, Notice said:

Perhaps he's just not as good as you thought

This is his 9 th game at this level,  give him a chance.

With so many players half match fit, and still to be doing OK, to moan about this game and performances beggars belief. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

This is his 9 th game at this level,  give him a chance.

I am... As was clear, some peoples expectations are ludicrously high. 

Wtf are the odds on Godfrey, Zimmerman, Klose and Hanley all being out at the same time. Either way, its somehow happened.

Just now, ricardo said:

Had two weeks to get a free agent.

Hoping for good luck doesn't cut it.

And that free agent would be? 

You can't just accuse the club of not plugging the gaps if there isn't anyone out there. 

That's cheap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Notice said:

And that free agent would be? 

You can't just accuse the club of not plugging the gaps if there isn't anyone out there. 

That's cheap. 

You saying there are none available?

The cooks lack of investment is really beginning to bite now

when will she accept responsibility for this nonsense. Can’t imagine any other premier league club not having a single fit CB

what a shambles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Pretty clearly Ben was not fully recovered after the operation and it was a major gamble playing him. Of course Farke has been cruelly hit by injuries to ALL the center halves but WHY has Famewo been left out of the squad when we decide to play Ben and a defensive midfielder as our centre back partnership leaving NIL proper cover on the bench???  

Because Farke, who has actually seen Famewo play, thinks the alternatives are better. Why do you think you know better?

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Looks like you need more than two weeks after a hernia op. 

Yeh, odd that 😉

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Wtf are the odds on Godfrey, Zimmerman, Klose and Hanley all being out at the same time. Either way, its somehow happened.

Have no idea Hoggo, but someone will tell us yet again that we should have spent more on CDs this summer. Shall we have a guess at the odds of that. Probably the inverse of the odds you were looking for.

Ha! By the time I'd posted Jobbo had already whinged.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The cooks lack of investment is really beginning to bite now

when will she accept responsibility for this nonsense. Can’t imagine any other premier league club not having a single fit CB

what a shambles 

I’ll bite. How many other PL teams have 5 CBs?

Edited by Nuff Said