Samwam27

Team for Bournmouth

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Krul 

Aarons    Byram    Godfrey   Lewis

Amadou      Tettey/Trybull
Buendia     Drmic/Leitner  Cantwell

Pukki

Not too bad - we are at last actually having some decent options; perhaps just one cb from being able to put out our strongest side.

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Eh????? We only play with one centre forward and presumably we've got Drmic and Srebny to cover that position.  And we've got Cantwell, Emi, Stiepermann, Hernandez and possibly also McLean and Leitner to cover the other attacking positions.

I don't get the fascination some of our fans seem to have with Roberts. I really hope that his spell with us is a resounding success, but so far I've seen nothing from him that suggests he should be playing in front of the others I've mentioned - and more importantly it appears that Farke hasn't either at the moment. 

Yes, but you're forgetting Robert's isnt playing which immediately gives him a 5x ability bonus to some, which actually doubles itself to 10x if we have lost 2 or more in a row 😁

If we turn up again with this charge of the light brigade approach, then we're probably going to be picked off. 

Away at Bournemouth is a really tough game for us. We cannot afford to be comfortably turned over again. 

I am less worried at having Amadou at CB again than not having DM again. The clear issue is leaving your two CB exposed costs you goals. We have two FB that pushes up, we need a DM protecting them. We played well against Citeh when we had a DM and was totally left wide open in the last three games when we didn't. Leitner and McLean can't tackle without fouling. I would with one of Tettey and Trybull or both if possible. Which allows one to sit and the other to win the ball back which will help on the counter. Two FB's can push up high as they like and Cantwell and Bundia can push infield which steips supporting Pukki. This should allow us to overload Bournemouth. 

Krul

Aarons     Amadou     Godfrey     Lewis

Tettey        Leitner

Buendia        Stiepermann        Cantwell

Pukki

Hernandez, McLean & Drmic off the bench.

Hopefully Tettey is able for at least 70 mins. His presence should help settle things in the hole enabling the full backs to wander and Leitner to be more offensive. Trybull also needs to get some minutes into the legs, Byram likewise. If Marco doesn't make a significant contribution today, it might be bench time. Onel being available will hopefully push Todd that extra few per cent. Buendia will also hopefully benefit from the 'Tettey effect' and give the Goat some real support. Really need a battling performance today. Clean sheet is unlikely and the bench could be the key to securing a point or three. We'll know the team soon enough!

Looks like the only changes are Tettey in for Steipermann and Krul for McGovern.

Tettey should hopefully give us a lot more protection than we had against Villa.

4 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Looks like the only changes are Tettey in for Steipermann and Krul for McGovern.

Tettey should hopefully give us a lot more protection than we had against Villa.

I think that is potentially our strongest defensive line-up in the current injury situation. We mustn't concede another 4 or 5 today and hopefully we can cause them some problems at the other end.

Stiepermann looks a bit out of his depth tbh so should be him to make way for Alex.