Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

Why can Crystal Palace keep Johnson and we couldn't keep Ashton?

I''ve not been on the board lately as I''m too depressed by it all, so this has probably already been asked and answered, but I was curious why with same parachute money, similar crowds etc.etc. it''s always us who have to let people go?

1) They have more money than us

2) who the hell would want Andrew Johnson?

3) He isnt worth as much

4) he isnt as good as ashton

5) He seems happy at Palace

6) he is a fool!

as for us selling

1) bad management

2) debts

3) bad management

4) he wanted to go

5) bad management

6) bad management

Well Palace actually get gates far under ours. Tipically 19,000 on average.

The thing is, Simon Jordan is a stubborn man and he has already said no a couple of times. I think the message has been sent there.

AJ is also a bit of a one trick pony to be honest. Once that little scam is sussed the goals will dry up. He doesn''t appear to have alot of scope to his game really, just penalty winning form.

Simple.  Palace can keep Johnson until the end of the season because they have a chance of promotion, if they fail he will leave.  We can''t offer Deano the chance of playing Premier League football for at least a season and a half.

Forgive me if I state the obvious.

1) Palace are 5th with two games in hand over most other teams, and 1 game in hand over 3rd place Leeds

2) They''re in London, which most players find a more attractive location than Norwich - y''know transport links, nightlife and such.

3) Simon Jordan is probably asking even sillier money than we asked for Ashton.

4) Not 100% sure, but I think Johnson''s spent more time injured than Ashton this season.

But really, I think point 1 is the most important. Palace are in with a shot of Premiership action next season. We''re not. If Palace don''t make it this year, expect Johnson to be on his way.

Two main reasons, firstly Johnson has already been called up into the England squad so he himself knows he is in Erikssons mind and secondly Palace are well in line for a play off place so he has a good chance of getting back into the Prem next year. I would imagine Dowie/Jordan have a private verbal agreement with him that if Palace don''t get back up then they will sell him in the Summer, we were not in a good enough league position to be able to offer that option to Ashton.

Mark .Y.

Well look at the media circus around the ashton transfer, its obvious West Ham had someone feeding the press that is how things work so if someone was interested in AJ they would be working both Palace and the Sun. So no press no bids

Palace have Ambition, Ambition, Ambition and a little money. We have Prudence, Prudence and even more Prudence, and shed loads of money! Congratulations to Worthy and the board - we''ll soon be "enjoying" League One football. We already have the players and the style in place anyway.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]Palace have Ambition, Ambition, Ambition and a little money. We have Prudence, Prudence and even more Prudence, and shed loads of money! Congratulations to Worthy and the board - we''ll soon be "enjoying" League One football. We already have the players and the style in place anyway.[/quote]

Ambition + Little Money = Administration.     Ask Ipswich.

Simple -

Palace have ambition, City don''t.

Palace have a strong, determined and single minded board, City don''t.

Palace care about their fans, City don''t.

Palace have a manager that can convince players they will suceed by staying - City don''t.

Palace are more concrened about winning rather than the state of the bank balance - City aren''t.

Palace are going to get in the play offs - City won''t.