The ones on the left are always more important.😉

This is good news, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Fantastic to see so many faces all back at once. We need that boost. Hopefully Zimbo not far behind them. 

On a sidenote, what a finish from Emi to smash that bicycle kick!

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Cantwell looks terrific in training......and pretty good on the pitch as well😉

He has terrific ability. His problem is that in a real match he's not quite strong enough to withstand the full blooded tackles that come flying in.

He needs to develop a strategy -  knowing when to deploy his skills so he doesn't get clobbered perhaps - but he's so young & obviously a bright guy that I feel this will come, but it will need a bit of time for him to work it out.

He has become a lot stronger over the last 18 months and his game has benefitted from that, I'm sure there is a lot more to come from him in the way his game and physical abilities develop. Potentially a top player imo and clever enough and level headed enough to continue to learn.

Although Cantwell is looking really good, I still think his inclusion in the side has left us looking a bit unbalanced at times.

For me, when Onel is playing for example, we looked more balanced and threatening because we had a player who naturally likes to stay out wide, can take on his man, has pace and strength and is good at tracking back to provide cover for WB's.

Todd, as good as he's been, always wants to come more central and this leaves gaping holes down the flanks. Watch our recent games back and you'll see lots of attacks coming down his side.

14 hours ago, ron obvious said:

He has terrific ability. His problem is that in a real match he's not quite strong enough to withstand the full blooded tackles that come flying in.

He needs to develop a strategy -  knowing when to deploy his skills so he doesn't get clobbered perhaps - but he's so young & obviously a bright guy that I feel this will come, but it will need a bit of time for him to work it out.

Not sure I should say it but he needs to do what Grealish did and put the time in in the gym to be stronger. 

I'm not a Grealish fan but if you look at him a few years ago he's worked hard on his physique. 

Although I wish his kit man would get him some proper shorts that fit him 🤷‍♂️

Good news, let's hope they're all available for the first team soon.

Hard to say any one of these is more important.  We desperately need a natural DM on the pitch, but Krul is well ahead of McGovern for me, not just as a keeper but for the way he helps/guides/shouts at our young defence (both Tettey and Krul have Prem experience to draw on, not sure if anyone in our current first team does ?).  Vrancic is key as someone who can come on and get goals late in the game.  I agree that Onel is a natural wide player and more of a physical presence than Cantwell.

Overall to survive this season we need these guys back and we need to have one of our better CB pairings back on the pitch soon.

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

No Hanley in video, so in deep s..t for Sat

No CB's at all in that vid, aside from Famewo.

I don't know. I'm quite sure Godfrey will be available and Amadou will partner again. This might be ok, as Bournemouth like to try and play football and don't have huge, great lumps of strikers up front.

Is it me, or is less than two weeks nowhere near enough time to recover from a hernia op? My only experience is someone I work with, but he didn’t drive for two weeks, let alone play PL football.

18 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Is it me, or is less than two weeks nowhere near enough time to recover from a hernia op? My only experience is someone I work with, but he didn’t drive for two weeks, let alone play PL football.

Depends on what type of op you have. My mate had to have a hernia op not too long ago which they were hoping to do keyhole surgery to recify, in which case they said he'd be fine to be back up and walking the next day. In the end they had to go down the 'normal' route and go under the knife, he wasn't driving or heavy load for weeks. I can only assume Godfrey was keyhole and with the money thrown at the rehab then days/weeks sounds feasible.

Having had four keyhole surgeries in one go (don't ask) , I confirm that if successful, he should be healed in a few days, the main factors in a hernia op are size of tear, where in the muscle that the tear occurs and which muscle is affected. The use of a medical mesh screen to assist in repairing and strengthening the muscle also speeds the process. I still think two weeks between op and playing seems a little quick, but as someone said above, intensive rehab and physio could make all the difference.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1