Sign in to follow this  
JohnTX

The huckerby Saga

I guess none of us will ever know the real truth. Some strange things though have happened in the past few days

1. Huckerby wants to sign for us and is prepared to negotoiate while earning 20k a week at Man City
2. We bought TWO strikers after Huckerby played his last game
3. Talks going really well with Huckerby, fees agreed just personal terms to agree.
4. One of the new strikers scores two for us against arch rivals
4. Talks then break down
5. Delia and Michael put up 500,000 knowing the Huckerby deal was through (500k = 10k x 50 weeks)
6. Huckerby says board were not prepared to move.

Now some of these are connected and the cynical might think that once McKenzie scored his two goals that the old money talked, but I couldn''t possibly say that !

I''m glad you couldn''t say that because you would have been wrong!, the offer made to huckerby was the best we have ever offered anyone and (according to megson) far more than WBA wanted to go. There comes a time when the board HAD to say no more. I for one trust worthington to tell us if the money is not made available for more players . and I trust him to bring in players who WANT to play for US!

the most angry thing is mr huks said"i will jump at the chance to come back and take a wage cut"i dont think he really ment it and so he misled the fans that loved him.hope you enjoy being on the bench darran.i will send you a blanket to keep you warm. lets get behind everyone at carrow road and see us fly up to the prem.